Anyone use Armslist here?

This is a discussion on Anyone use Armslist here? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Been awhile since I have posted due to medical problems however that is another topic all together, I am asking if anyone here has had ...

Been awhile since I have posted due to medical problems however that is another topic all together, I am asking if anyone here has had good or bad experiences using Armslist selling or buying and what tips you would suggest. Thanks and it's good to be back.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    I have bought a few things via Armslist, yes. I always agree to meet in a public place and tend to bring a buddy along with me.

Good luck.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Glad to have you back ! Armslist is essentially craigslist for guns. The rules of craigslist apply to armslist. I too always take friend, wether I am buying or selling. A few of my non negotiable rules are as follows:
    1. Meet in a public place during daylight hours that I know has outdoor security cameras.
    2. Take a friend who has a CCW
    3. Make it clear I have a CCW and that I carry
    4. Must have a valid State Drivers license, picture must match and must be current, CCW is preferred.
    5. Must meet me face to face, no substitutions IE the "wife" instead of the guy you talked to.
    6. Must sign a bill of sale stating you are legally allowed to own or purchase firearms, including name, adress, verified phone no and verified email ( If they cant talk to me on the phone they are not worth my time)
    7. CAsh only, NO EXCEPTIONS
    8. Above all else, if it doesnt feel right, leave immediately

I have never had a problem and have bought and sold several times,but you could also call me paranoid. I always expect the worst, hope for the best, and plan accordingly.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

I love that site. Except for right now with how everyone is trying to rip you off and that is also where all the ******** go to sell the ammo that they beat you to at top dollar. However you can still come across a good deal on there. I actually got 2 30 rd p85 mags off of someone (brannew) for $50. I'd say its worth checking them out a couple times a day. Just be sure to use the obvious precautions because you never know who you are meeting.

VIP Member
    I've used it and had a great experience. Bought my S&W Talo 686 5" on there. We met in a public place (parking lot of Dick's Sporting Good Store) and probably talk firearms and family for about 45 minutes before completing the deal. Great guy. I'm sure they all don't go that well, but with the above guide lines, they should go fairly smooth.
    S&W M&P Full Size 9mm - Little FoxX IWB
    S&W Shield 9mm - FoxX Trapp
    Ruger 10/22 Takedown
    NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member
    Don't let the high post count fool you...I'm just part of the welcoming committee.

wow, thanks for all the responses, that list of tips makes perfect sense to me. you never know who might be trying to scam you. and thanks for the welcome back also.

I've purchased three firearms off Armslist. All went smoothly. I insisted on a bill of sale and the sellers were OK with that.
    "Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company." ~ Mark Twain

Links