To non-NRA members that are upset with the current gun control push - -

This is a discussion on To non-NRA members that are upset with the current gun control push - - within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; you know who is helping us defeat any gun laws in the senate?? HARRY REID...one of the biggest liberals in washington...you know why? he doesn't ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 84
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: To non-NRA members that are upset with the current gun control push - -

  1. #16
    Ex Member Array AdBro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    746
    you know who is helping us defeat any gun laws in the senate?? HARRY REID...one of the biggest liberals in washington...you know why? he doesn't want to get on the NRA's bad side because he knows they will run ads against him during election time and right now he has an NRA "A" rating.

    aside from that, they fun people fighting lawsuits that have constitutional importance, such as the heller case and the one in IL that just went to the federal appellate court and they deemed it's unconstitutional to not allow IL people to carry so now they have to come up with a way for residents to carry. these cases probably wouldn't have gone anywhere because they people din't have enough money to pursue them.

    don't be so short sighted.

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #17
    Ex Member Array AdBro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    746
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    Well then I guess Ill stop pounding out letters to every official local state and federal about twice a week hammering them on this stuff, since its been declared that I am not worthy to take a stand or complain about having my 2a rights stomped on because Im not an NRA member.
    Now since Ive been just been called crazy because Im not an NRA member along with some others I guess the gloves are off.

    Ill tell you exactly what is crazy. And it aint no NRA member or not. Its that we have a good number of people on firearm and 2a forums that actually in part support and argue for more infringement on 2A. And Ill bet some of them are halo wearing NRA members. As far as I dont have a right to complain??? Ive got as much right to complain, rant, write, and cuss about my 2nd Amendment right being ripped away as anybody wearing the offical NRA hat!!!!!

    When I agree with more that 2/3rds of what they come up with to lose as little as we can instead of fight to gain back what we lost Ill join. Until then ill complain and write reps and raise the roof with every politician I see just like ive been doing since this crap started. YOU dont like me complaining because I dont belong to your club. TOUGH
    no, i just think people like you are short sighted and don't realize how much the NRA has done and is doing right now for YOU.

  4. #18
    VIP Member Array glockman10mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    8,584
    Yeah, I have never understood people that own guns who don't join the NRA.
    If just 1/4 of all gun owners were members, we wouldn't even have to worry about such things as bans or restrictions.
    gasmitty, tokerblue and oneshot like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

  5. #19
    Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    1,259
    Quote Originally Posted by AdBro View Post
    why are you not a member yet?

    you're not allowed to complain unless you do SOMETHING about it. becoming a member of the NRA or donating to the NRA-ILA is doing something about it as they are our only real power in washington and various states.

    it's like the person that complains about politics but never votes--i don't wanna hear it.

    I do vote and I am a member.. but your statement makes it sound as if you have no brain of your own and blindly march to the NRA's drum!

  6. #20
    VIP Member Array mcp1810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,944
    Quote Originally Posted by AdBro View Post
    you know who is helping us defeat any gun laws in the senate?? HARRY REID...one of the biggest liberals in washington...you know why? he doesn't want to get on the NRA's bad side because he knows they will run ads against him during election time and right now he has an NRA "A" rating.

    aside from that, they fun people fighting lawsuits that have constitutional importance, such as the heller case and the one in IL that just went to the federal appellate court and they deemed it's unconstitutional to not allow IL people to carry so now they have to come up with a way for residents to carry. these cases probably wouldn't have gone anywhere because they people din't have enough money to pursue them.

    don't be so short sighted.
    You are aware that the NRA actually tried to prevent Heller from going to the Supreme Court aren't you? They just jumped on the band wagon after they learned they could not stop it.
    Ghost1958 likes this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

  7. #21
    Ex Member Array AdBro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    746
    Quote Originally Posted by SCXDm9 View Post
    I do vote and I am a member.. but your statement makes it sound as if you have no brain of your own and blindly march to the NRA's drum!
    really? even after i said that i dont agree with literally everything they do? comparing it to voting for someone that you don't literally agree with every point about, but still vote for them because you think they are the best option.

  8. #22
    Ex Member Array AdBro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    746
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    yeah, i have never understood people that own guns who don't join the nra.
    If just 1/4 of all gun owners were members, we wouldn't even have to worry about such things as bans or restrictions.
    exactly
    revldm likes this.

  9. #23
    Ex Member Array AdBro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    746
    for the same price of the new cook county "violence tax" on every gun sold, you can be a member.

  10. #24
    Member Array Goat_Herder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    101
    Newly joined member of the NRA, as of 2/10. I've been meaning to join but never got around to it. Yes, the NRA at times comes across as a bigot and says things that makes people go "huh?", but it's the one strong collective voice that gun owners have. You can write emails and letters to your representatives all day, but you can't beat the political system unless you have another political heavy weight to fight on your behave. That's just how it works.
    oneshot likes this.

  11. #25
    VIP Member Array Ghost1958's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    5,473
    Quote Originally Posted by AdBro View Post
    no, i just think people like you are short sighted and don't realize how much the NRA has done and is doing right now for YOU.
    You have not seen on this forum, Folks in favor of Mandatory Training before you can cc on this very forum? Youve not seen support for a National 2a protection act? Support for the ignorant Mental Health checks, back ground checks, even Universal background checks, and almost all of them by their own words NRA members???

    Anyway you slice any of those even if the supporters of them can come up with a rationale for supporting them, they all boil down to INFRINGEMENT OF OUR 2ND AMENDMENT RIGHT to keep and bear arms.
    When you can pin someone down that supports these things and others or comes up with their own regulation because in their mind there is a need for it they will admit no authority was given by Constitution to anybody or gov to regulate it. Of course then you get the "But they already have and half a loaf and the Supreme Court and on and on why its ok they have and even ok if they do more if only we can keep them from doing to much.
    Look im not an NRA enemy. Im in the fight as hard as anyone probably harder than some. And I may have come off to hard in my first response.

    But when Im writing my guts out to the politicans, going and talking to the ones that I know personally every chance I get to hold their feet to the fire. Willing to not give one inch and work to get back what we already illegally lost.

    And then I see people on our side, NRA members right here, proposing stuff that on any level is infringement just the same as the the junk the antis are coming with and all of it illegal and they call ME short sighted because I havent joined the NRA yet?

    Yeah it gets under my skin. You say im short sighted. I say these folks are short sighted and cant see every inch we give we never get back, and yet will still come up with mandatory this and that thing that. And they have the right to that opinion but NO right to impose it on anyone because the Constitution strictly forbids it

    Make you a deal. When the NRA stops funding libs and giving A ratings to them full well knowing they will turn like a snake if they even sense a slight shift in the wind. Stops advocating this mental health stupidity which is infringement as well since its already taken care of legally as best it can be. And NRA members here stop promoting things that are blatant infringement and then saying anybody that hasnt joined the NRA has no right to say anything or write or talk to their reps to stop this crap and is part of the problem, Ill send in my money and get my flashlight made in China.
    To be honest I was about too when i joined here. But between what I have seen pushed here by NRA members and NRA itself pushing this mental health garbage I changed my mind.

    Dont mean to offend. But the OP of this one didnt give a rats behind about taking a mile wide brush and painting anybody that hasnt jumped into the NRAs nest yet as irrelevant crazy and short sighted with it.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

  12. #26
    VIP Member Array glockman10mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    8,584
    Ghost1958, what you just described above is exactly why we loose.

    Sure, people have different ideas on how to do things. But does holding a grudge because some may not believe exactly like you on every issue really matter?

    Is it enough to keep us all from joining under the same organization as 50 million being heard with one voice? 100 million?

    Or because of a few disagreements we will stand as 5 million fighting for the other 150 million gun owners?
    One stick is easily broken, a bundle is almost impossible to break.
    BigJon10125 and oneshot like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

  13. #27
    Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    1,259
    Quote Originally Posted by AdBro View Post
    really? even after i said that i dont agree with literally everything they do? comparing it to voting for someone that you don't literally agree with every point about, but still vote for them because you think they are the best option.

    I think a blanket statement like you opened with... makes you seem like the kind of person I want very little to do with BUT I could be wrong, I was once!
    ericb327 likes this.

  14. #28
    Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,613
    There is something to be said for "strenght in numbers" and people of like mind, I would encourage it. There are other groups like GOA who do alot , but none have the political clout that the NRA does, that's why they're being demonized. In general, if you want to know which group is the most effective, just look for the one that the gun grabbers attack.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

    The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

  15. #29
    VIP Member Array Ghost1958's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    5,473
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Ghost1958, what you just described above is exactly why we loose.

    Sure, people have different ideas on how to do things. But does holding a grudge because some may not believe exactly like you on every issue really matter?

    Is it enough to keep us all from joining under the same organization as 50 million being heard with one voice? 100 million?

    Or because of a few disagreements we will stand as 5 million fighting for the other 150 million gun owners?
    One stick is easily broken, a bundle is almost impossible to break.
    I get what your saying Glockman, and understand it. I dont have a grudge. The thing of being told I had no right to say anything was crazy, etc etc even if not directly when I have done everything a person could do to fight this stuff just because I havent joined the NRA yet sort of well really got under my skin.

    I was all set to join NRA but I checked on somethings that spooked me a little like them not wanting Heller to go to Supreme Court Rating Reid A. And the mental health thing. And I understand that if I join or not that in itself wont make a ripple to NRA. Supporting things that Im flatly against and know are wrong and illegal does bother me about myself though.

    I might go ahead and join even though NRA and a lot stuff I see run thru here I know is unconstitutional and Im not willing to compromise that part of it. Joining NRA seems to be supporting compromise and I dont.

    Ill have to think on that a little bit try to make myself comfortable with it.

    I probably came off to hard on this thread but the OP just flat out insulted a bunch of us that are working hard on this in our own right though I guess im the one that lost my cool.

    I get what you say Glockman, understand it and hope you can sort of understand that I dont support compromising with the antis anymore. At all. But Ill think on what you say.

    Edit This much I do know. If they would take a harder stand and stop fighting to just hold ground their membership would go way way up.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

  16. #30
    Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Posts
    1,831
    I am sick of these threads telling me I am an idiot for not joining the NRA. This is the same mentality that feeds the union worker machines up north. It's my choice and mine alone. There are plenty of other groups that fight for our rights. There are plenty of other ways to be active in fighting for my own rights myself.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

are people upset about nra 500

,

current membership nra

,

current status of 2013 gun ban awb

,

do nra members get upset when people are shot

,

my current status as an nra member?

,

ohios gun ban legislature

,

reasons against nra membership

,

reasons not to join the nra

Click on a term to search for related topics.