To non-NRA members that are upset with the current gun control push - -

This is a discussion on To non-NRA members that are upset with the current gun control push - - within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; why are you not a member yet? you're not allowed to complain unless you do SOMETHING about it. becoming a member of the NRA or ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: To non-NRA members that are upset with the current gun control push - -

why are you not a member yet?

you're not allowed to complain unless you do SOMETHING about it. becoming a member of the NRA or donating to the NRA-ILA is doing something about it as they are our only real power in washington and various states.

it's like the person that complains about politics but never votes--i don't wanna hear it.
    Exacto and revldm like this.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AdBro View Post
    why are you not a member yet?

you're not allowed to complain unless you do SOMETHING about it. becoming a member of the NRA or donating to the NRA-ILA is doing something about it as they are our only real power in washington and various states.

it's like the person that complains about politics but never votes--i don't wanna hear it.
    While I do support them I very much disagree with the bolded.
    shooterX likes this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Ok then...................tell us who else.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    Ok then...................tell us who else.
    The people we've put there and ourselves. Make your voice heard.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Your kidd'in .....right ?

I'm not a member because some of their mouth pieces say things I do not agree with.

For example, after Columbine, the NRA stated they were for MORE gun free zones and making more schools gun free. Now after Sandy Hook they are stating what they should have said all along. Some of the specifics they lobby over are for more privileges for gun makers and not consumers. Yes they do lobby for pro gun ownership and I do approve of that. However, it's the other things to do I don't always agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    While I do support them I very much disagree with the bolded.
    they are by far the biggest influence that keeps our freedoms as free as they are. they fund cases like the recent ones in DC and IL (which is giving them the right to carry). they have the most money in washington (because of members/donations). might be the ONLY thing, but they are the BIGGEST power by far. without them, we'd probably only be able to own bolt-action .22s

Quote Originally Posted by humblenutto View Post
    I'm not a member because some of their mouth pieces say things I do not agree with.

For example, after Columbine, the NRA stated they were for MORE gun free zones and making more schools gun free. Now after Sandy Hook they are stating what they should have said all along. Some of the specifics they lobby over are for more privileges for gun makers and not consumers. Yes they do lobby for pro gun ownership and I do approve of that. However, it's the other things to do I don't always agree with.
    sure, they made a mistake and they evolved their opinion (not stubbornly sticking with it).

i don't agree with literally EVERY stance politicians i vote for hold, but i still vote for them if i think it's going to keep people more free.
    oneshot likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    The people we've put there and ourselves. Make your voice heard.
    1 - the people we put there are much more likely to turn their back on the 2A without knowing the NRA is going to spend money trying to elect someone else come the next election

2 - washington doesnt care about our voice

Joining the NRA or any other organization is a personal choice.That's not something i will tell people they should do.I may suggest to them,they may want to look into joining something like the NRA,but,what someone else chooses to join,or not join isn't any of my business.That's just me.

Why do ya think they call it Politics and Politicians ? In other words, Professional Liars and elected officials who will only abide by the peoples will through threats of non-votes......pretty pathetic if you ask me.....a true bunch of Ego Maniacs.

I think its a good thing to join the NRA, along with writing to congress, being polite at first, see how it goes then if that is not working letting them know we will not comply with unconstitutional laws and join together.. They are not playing, they want our guns. This isn't some phase that will just go away!! IMO. NRA is worth some of the junk mail lol.. Everyones little bit helps.

Quote Originally Posted by mg27 View Post
    I think its a good thing to join the NRA, along with writing to congress, being polite at first, see how it goes then if that is not working letting them know we will not comply with unconstitutional laws and join together.. They are not playing, they want our guns. This isn't some phase that will just go away!! IMO. NRA is worth some of the junk mail lol.. Everyones little bit helps.
    absolutely worth the junk mail. i mean. it's crazy people aren't members here.

I really don't think I need the NRA to tell Ted Cruz and John Cornyn and Pete Olson how to vote on these issues. My representatives represent me just fine.
    Ghost1958 likes this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Well then I guess Ill stop pounding out letters to every official local state and federal about twice a week hammering them on this stuff, since its been declared that I am not worthy to take a stand or complain about having my 2a rights stomped on because Im not an NRA member.
    Now since Ive been just been called crazy because Im not an NRA member along with some others I guess the gloves are off.

Ill tell you exactly what is crazy. And it aint no NRA member or not. Its that we have a good number of people on firearm and 2a forums that actually in part support and argue for more infringement on 2A. And Ill bet some of them are halo wearing NRA members. As far as I dont have a right to complain??? Ive got as much right to complain, rant, write, and cuss about my 2nd Amendment right being ripped away as anybody wearing the offical NRA hat!!!!!

When I agree with more that 2/3rds of what they come up with to lose as little as we can instead of fight to gain back what we lost Ill join. Until then ill complain and write reps and raise the roof with every politician I see just like ive been doing since this crap started. YOU dont like me complaining because I dont belong to your club. TOUGH
    jhogan2424 likes this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links