I kind of miss my .22 pistol

This is a discussion on I kind of miss my .22 pistol within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I had a p22 and because of all the problems they have I had to get rid of it. Even sent it back to manufacture ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: I kind of miss my .22 pistol

I kind of miss my .22 pistol

I had a p22 and because of all the problems they have I had to get rid of it. Even sent it back to manufacture twice and still came back to me as a piece of crap. FTF, FTF, FTE, basically any and all possible failures that are possible happened to this p22. Not to mention the few rounds it would get off successfully sent the spent brass in any and every direction.

Anyway I miss how fun it was to shoot and how accurate you can be at a very fast rate of fire with them. I'm thinking a sr22, maybe a sig mos, but the sig is a little pricey for a .22 imo. Do any of you have the sr22 or the sig and how do you like them? any problems?

2. Remove Ads

Check out the beretta Neos. I put over 10k round through mine and it was a beast. Super accurate and fun to shoot. I just sold my ruger MK3 22/45 to upgrade mt ruger SR40C, but I will be getting another neos first chance I get.
    afojc likes this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Quote Originally Posted by Taurahe View Post
    Check out the beretta Neos. I put over 10k round through mine and it was a beast. Super accurate and fun to shoot. I just sold my ruger MK3 22/45 to upgrade mt ruger SR40C, but I will be getting another neos first chance I get.
    Thanks I will look into them.

I have an SR22 and it is first rate. Have a friend who has both a P22 and a Mosquito. We both think the SR22 is the best of the three.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjns View Post
    I have an SR22 and it is first rate. Have a friend who has both a P22 and a Mosquito. We both think the SR22 is the best of the three.
    Good to know. Thank you.

My buddy has a Beretta Neo, very accurate gun for the $. I own a Buckmark Practical URX that I had thoughts about selling, wasn't using it that much, but had a change of heart. It's too much fun to shoot, it'll last forever so I can pass it on to my son when I'm gone. It's REALLY accurate.
    NRA Life Member

Sorry for your bad experience with the P22. I think everybody should have at least one .22 rimfire handgun. I have a Buckmark and I will never sell it. It's very accurate and dependable, not to mention fun to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by GoPackman View Post
    My buddy has a Beretta Neo, very accurate gun for the $. I own a Buckmark Practical URX that I had thoughts about selling, wasn't using it that much, but had a change of heart. It's too much fun to shoot, it'll last forever so I can pass it on to my son when I'm gone. It's REALLY accurate.
    Be happy you had that change of heart.. you'd forever miss it if you sold it. :)
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

My Ruger MK3 is by far my favorite plinker. Tons of cheap fun to be had with .22 pistols (and rifles, absolutely love my Henry lever .22)!!
    NewtownSam likes this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Just got my wife a ruger mk3 22/45 lite with the gold anonized barrel, it is the most fun little 22 pistol i've ever fired.
    “But now,” he said, “take your money and a traveler’s bag. And if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one!” Luke 22:36 (NLT)

I weighed the pros an cons of the p22 and sr22 for quite some time before finally settling on the Ruger. A little over a thousand rounds of cci mini-mags and remington vipers later NOT ONE failure. If you are looking into a new 22 pistol this would be the one. I use it as a "warm up" for some of the larger calibers and it has done wonders for my accuracy.

I love my Beretta Neos
    afojc likes this.

I have shot the NEOS and they are very accurate, at least the one I shot was. Good price also. The Ruger MK3 are great 22s but can be a pain to take down. The only 22 handguns I have right know are the Ruger Bearcat and Ruge Single Six. I would like a good double action 22 revolver, but the next 22 I get will probably be the ugly NEOS.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Taurahe View Post
    Just got a Neos U22 myself, after a couple site adjustments it shoots great.

Quote Originally Posted by GoPackman View Post
    What he said!!!
    I Love Guns!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links