Took my first (non-ccl) firearm class tonight.

This is a discussion on Took my first (non-ccl) firearm class tonight. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; They let me skip right into fundamentals 2 (normally, of course, you'd take one first), since I took the CCL course and passed it. Had ...

Thread: Took my first (non-ccl) firearm class tonight.

Took my first (non-ccl) firearm class tonight.

They let me skip right into fundamentals 2 (normally, of course, you'd take one first), since I took the CCL course and passed it. Had a great time and learned quite a few things. Small, minor things that when you add them up, really can make a very big difference. Then we went and shot.

What I really found, was that I can shoot under pressure, and shoot pretty accurately. Started at the 5 yard marker, then moved back to the 7, 10, 15 and then 20 if you hit seven or better. Fourteen of sixteen shots were seven ring or better, most in the black - and only missed the two at 20+ yards.

(these targets) B5_20_Yd_Timed_and_Rapid.jpg

Did some other target shooting where he called out the number or the color of the and the shape on the target, and we had to shoot it at seven yards. Only missed once - put it just on top of the shape (about 2 and a half inches high).

Pretty excited about my progress since I've only been back shooting really since just before Christmas. Definitely not bragging however - figure there's a good number of people that can shoot the x out of the bullseye around here. Nevertheless, it does get me thinking that I'm ready to move on to some other classes - defensive pistol, combat pistol, low-light shooting, etc. Amazing how addictive it is.

2. Remove Ads

Sounds like it was an informative and fun class. It's always good to remember and practice the basics. You've got the right idea, next should be a defensive shooting class.

Links