Defensive Carry banner

Trying to make an evening snack? Remember to take the Bullets outta the oven....

2K views 21 replies 22 participants last post by  MatthewF 
#1 ·
A young Saint Petersburg woman trying to make an evening snack ended up at the hospital Monday
night after a round of ammunition exploded inside an oven, police said.

magazine clip to his .46-caliber Glock 21
New caliber? LMAO
Must hve been an Emeril LaGasse recipe .... BAM !

Link to Story

Fin

Reactions: icemanls2
#2 ·
Her: "What're we having for dinner, hon?"
Him: "Pizza ... apparently."

Some folks like to clean the gun in the dishwasher. Can't imagine why baking a Glock would be someone's preference. It takes all kinds.

Note to self: lock up the gun/mags when I become to senile to matter.

#3 ·
If the round was chambered in a gun then yeah it would be just like shooting it,but if it was a loose round then there is no way it could have hurt her bad enough to go to the hospital unless she caught the hot case in the eye.
Anybody that cooks a gun is an idiot,another reason why I'm not a big fan of hiding guns in places like ovens,if she forgot that gun was in there just cooking something you really think you can remember where it is when somebodys breaking a window or kicking in the door

#5 ·
A young Saint Petersburg woman trying to make an evening snack ended up at the hospital Monday
night after a round of ammunition exploded inside an oven, police said.

New caliber? LMAO

Link to Story

Fin
You mean all this time I have owned a .45 because "They don't make a .46" and I was wrong!?

#21 ·
The article I got when I clicked the link says 45 caliber. Must be a case of the MinTru department revising history.

I don't get why the mag was in th eoven though either.

I did see an episode of The Myth Busters where they cooked ammo in an oven. If the cases are loose the bullet weight is more than the brass case weight so the case flys farther than the bullet. It could hurt you but there is only a very very slight chance of it being fatal.

#7 ·
I don't see a round going off inside the oven doing any harm such as this. Something smells fishy and it's not dinner.

#14 ·
magazine clip to his .46 caliber Glock 21

New caliber? LMAO

Link to Story
Confused, when I read the story at the link it said "What she didn't know was that her friend Javarski "JJ" Sandy, 25, had placed a magazine from his .45-caliber Glock 21 in the oven."

#22 ·
Seems like someone lied on their application to purchase this firearm, you know the part where it ask if you have been or being treated for any mental illness. Or maybe they just haven't been treated yet? This is very careless and one of the most STUPID things I have ever heard of. In the oven, Really?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.