Help me narrow it down

This is a discussion on Help me narrow it down within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I typically buy a new gun every six months. Once on Christmas, and once between May and July, which is fast approaching. Right now I'm ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Help me narrow it down

Help me narrow it down

I typically buy a new gun every six months. Once on Christmas, and once between May and July, which is fast approaching.

Right now I'm trying to narrow it down between a Glock 17, or a Glock 21 because I want a full size plastic gun. I already have a Glock 19 and a 1911, so I also stock both 9mm and .45. Neither one really edges the other out in my mind, plus I'll probably go and get the other one for Christmas anyways. Should I just flip a coin, or should I definitely get one before the other?

2. Remove Ads

I would go with the 17. I just think that for .45, you have the best platform already. The Glock 17 was built around the 9mm, and because of that, it is amazingly accurate and reliable. I am sure you can say the same about the 21, but the 1911 is the best platform for .45 IMO.
    Armatus Carry Solutions: Custom Kydex Holsters, mag pouches, and accessories.

Get both you can never have to many guns. LOL.
    PlainOleDave likes this.

Distinguished Member
    The G17 came first, so I'd get that first, that's my randon logic anyway.

BTW, I like your simple but very appealing way of buying guns. Seems like it would keep you from impulse buying, but you know you've always got another one coming soon.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Buy the 17 now, and the 21 later, or work out a volume discount and get em both if you can find them. :) Can't have too many, I agree.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

I'd get the Glock-21! With a SureFire X300 light on the rail, it's the perfect HD gun...bigger holes and a LOT of lead.
    The Glock-19 is a great gun, too. Why not get a suppressor for the '19', and have a quiet indoor HD weapon.
    Suppressors are not hard to get, they just have a very long waiting line...6+ months...start now and you can have it by the end of the summer.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I buy one between Feb and April. Then another between July and October. Usually try to buy one around my birthday in the spring. If I buy in July it's on or around the 4th. If it's in October, around or on the 31st.(not fattening like candy)

I would do the 17 first, then the 21( bigger gun, heavier bullets for the colder months)

I wish I could wait that long between guns but if'n Ur gonna git another n six months, does it really matter which one is 1st?

Quote Originally Posted by miller_man View Post
    BTW, I like your simple but very appealing way of buying guns. Seems like it would keep you from impulse buying, but you know you've always got another one coming soon.
    That plan is more out of necessity than anything else. My school schedule is pretty demanding, so I work only over the summer, so I typically take my first one or two paychecks and my birthday cash and buy myself a gun, and then my parents will typically get me one for Christmas. It is also nice because then I can start looking early and get a good idea of what I am getting so that I can be comfortable when I head to the store and hand over my credit card. The last time I went to a store with money and no idea what I wanted, I ended up trying to decide between a Beretta Neos and an SKS. I am totally happy with the Neos, but I still haven't gotten an SKS and that bugs me.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I'd get the Glock-21! With a SureFire X300 light on the rail, it's the perfect HD gun...bigger holes and a LOT of lead.
    The Glock-19 is a great gun, too. Why not get a suppressor for the '19', and have a quiet indoor HD weapon.
    Suppressors are not hard to get, they just have a very long waiting line...6+ months...start now and you can have it by the end of the summer.
    We know what the bad guys wil experience in rets house: "Aahh I'm blinded, click, click, click". Thud.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

OP, get that sks when you can, still not unreasonably priced, if you can find one. Great guns. Probably could afford your bi annual gun purchase and an sks.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by tubadude View Post
    I typically buy a new gun every six months. Once on Christmas, and once between May and July, which is fast approaching.

Right now I'm trying to narrow it down between a Glock 17, or a Glock 21 because I want a full size plastic gun. I already have a Glock 19 and a 1911, so I also stock both 9mm and .45. Neither one really edges the other out in my mind, plus I'll probably go and get the other one for Christmas anyways. Should I just flip a coin, or should I definitely get one before the other?
    Have you looked at, held or shot an HK P30 or HK45? These are your holy grails, IMHO.
    "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." ~ P. J. O'Rourke

Well, I guess I'll throw the curve ball- why not a Glock 23? In my area there's not a single round of 9mm anywhere to be found but there are thousands upon thousands of rounds of .40 S&W, in any type and brand you want. A Glock 23 or 22 would be a good option in case you need to utilize a different caliber.

Of course, as one of the few resident HK fanboys I concur that something like a USP would be ne plus ultra of polymer perfection!
    phreddy likes this.

I keep hearing people cant find 9mm, I have not had any prob finding on line Lucky Gunner is reasonable an you get it in 2 to 4 days

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links