Anybody use a Ruger Mark 111 for Plinkin an target

This is a discussion on Anybody use a Ruger Mark 111 for Plinkin an target within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hello, Ive been thinking of getting a Ruger Mark 111 for the range just wanted any feedback on the gun if its fun to shoot ...

Hello,

Ive been thinking of getting a Ruger Mark 111 for the range just wanted any feedback on the gun if its fun to shoot easy to maintain

I've carried, shot, and plinked with a MkII for years.
    Fun to shoot, yes!
    Easy to maintain.... well, sorta... kinda... maybe. Putting one back together is a pain the first few times until you get the knack of it. I used to have to have a webpage or booklet open in front of me but now I've gotten it pretty much down pat.

I just sold my ruger mk3 22/45 ...... gives me a reason to get a ruger mk3 ss standard target :)
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Ruger Mark III

I have been shooting a Ruger Mark lll 22/45 for the last year . Very reliable shooter, eats anything . I was surprised how accurate it is . The grip angle is great practice for my full size Ruger SR1911 . After I installed a redot sight on it , you can drive tacks with it . By the way after you take it apart a half dozen times , you will be able do it in under ten minutes . Enjoy it , you won't regret buying one !

Hey thanks I think ill do tomorow, I heard all the stories about putting it together but just now I was a couple of guys do it on youtube looks like a pain but should be worth it.

I wish I still had my Mark III Govt. It was the most accurate pistol I have had, but I just HAD to have that IPSC pistol.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

VIP Member
    I have a MKIII Stainless Hunter, A MKIII Stainless Target, and a MKIII Standard. I've removed the mag disconnect and the Loaded chamber indicators. They are excellent guns and as accurate as I am. Each runs flawlessly, and my Target has over 15k rounds though it and is like new. Will never sell any of them.

They can be difficult to field strip because they are tight. But if you follow the directions you will be stripping them and re-assembling them without any difficulty. And if you get stuck there's a gazillion youtube how-to videos, and a strong .22 rimfire community on another board that will help you out.

Links