At a local gun show last night, seller and buyer impressions

This is a discussion on At a local gun show last night, seller and buyer impressions within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was a a local gun show last night to sell a whole bunch of stuff, including ammo, powders, primers, bullets, and a nice shotgun ...

Thread: At a local gun show last night, seller and buyer impressions

I was a a local gun show last night to sell a whole bunch of stuff, including ammo, powders, primers, bullets, and a nice shotgun and rifle. I do NOT believe in price gouging as I think this is an unfair practice and that we gunowners ought to stick together as a group, esp. in these troubled times. That said, I made a pile of money there selling just about everything I brought there at these fair prices.

OTOH, I saw one guy there asking $60 for a brick of plain old regular .22LR ammo. I flat out told him no thanks and turned away. Thought he was a schmuck.

After walking the tables a fair bit, I did find the one thing I was looking for: a S&W Model 29-2, 8 3/8" barrel, 1979 vintage in very good condition, excellent finish and lock-up, barrel is clean as a whistle, for $725.00. I'm a happy old fart right now. It was the only .44 mag I saw there all night. I'll post pics after I pick up my Model 28-2 from the FFL tomorrow. Hopefully I can figure out how to do it being the numbskull I am.

Bill
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Bill what city was the show in? Tues night show. By the way, good for you on the prices.
    I'm in Waukesha and I decided to avoid most shows for awhile. I will go to our clubs members only show / swap meet in April.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Quote Originally Posted by GoPackman View Post
    I was a a local gun show last night to sell a whole bunch of stuff, including ammo, powders, primers, bullets, and a nice shotgun and rifle. I do NOT believe in price gouging as I think this is an unfair practice and that we gunowners ought to stick together as a group, esp. in these troubled times. That said, I made a pile of money there selling just about everything I brought there at these fair prices.

OTOH, I saw one guy there asking $60 for a brick of plain old regular .22LR ammo. I flat out told him no thanks and turned away. Thought he was a schmuck.

After walking the tables a fair bit, I did find the one thing I was looking for: a S&W Model 29-2, 8 3/8" barrel, 1979 vintage in very good condition, excellent finish and lock-up, barrel is clean as a whistle, for $725.00. I'm a happy old fart right now. It was the only .44 mag I saw there all night. I'll post pics after I pick up my Model 28-2 from the FFL tomorrow. Hopefully I can figure out how to do it being the numbskull I am.

Bill
    So you bought a S&W Model 29-2, but it will be a Model 28-2 by the time you pick it up? ????? LOL
    Since you have to pick it up from the FFL, I assume you have a waiting period in WI. Here in TX, I would walk out with my new gun five minutes later.

I bought a 28-2 off Gunbroker last week, got the 29-2 at the gun show last night.

To Buckwheat, the gun show last night was at thee Bristol Gun Club down in Kenosha County. They have them 4-5x per year I believe, nice bunch of folks. PM me if you want more info. I also heard there might be o show in Sturtevant this coming Sunday on Hwy. 11, but I don't know the exact location. Someone down at the Bristol GC might though.
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoPackman View Post
    I bought a 28-2 off Gunbroker last week, got the 29-2 at the gun show last night.

To Buckwheat, the gun show last night was at thee Bristol Gun Club down in Kenosha County. They have them 4-5x per year I believe, nice bunch of folks. .
    Thanks I am good for now, sounds just like our club!
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Sponsored Links