Question about useing a ghost ring on a lever action rifle

This is a discussion on Question about useing a ghost ring on a lever action rifle within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I just installed a steve jones safety replacement peep sight on my rossi 92 in 357mag. I sighted it in with the original sights and ...

Thread: Question about useing a ghost ring on a lever action rifle

Question about useing a ghost ring on a lever action rifle

I just installed a steve jones safety replacement peep sight on my rossi 92 in 357mag. I sighted it in with the original sights and only had to tap the front sight just a bit to get it centered but even with the rear lowered all the way it was 4 to 8 inches high at 25 and 50 yards. Well scince I put the peep sight on I should be able to get it dead on. My question is if I remove the small appsture an use it as a ghost ring and sight it in at say 50 yards and want to take a shot at say 100 to 125 yards would I put my front sight at the top of the ghost ring or keep it centered and just aim alittle higher. thanks for any help

2. Remove Ads

I would keep the same sight picture and aim higher. To do otherwise would be working against the natural function of the peep sight and your eye
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Links