Gun Owner Unfriendly Businesses

This is a discussion on Gun Owner Unfriendly Businesses within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I agree that we need to let them know that they are losing business by posting. While it would be a tragedy, and so a ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gun Owner Unfriendly Businesses

I agree that we need to let them know that they are losing business by posting. While it would be a tragedy, and so a part of me hopes that it never happens, there is a part of me that wishes a CCW holder would be injured in a posted store, the store would then be sued for failing to protect the public while prohibiting the public from legally protecting themselves, and the store would LOSE!!! BIG TIME!!!

With that sort of precedent, stores would quickly realize that they risk more by prohibiting lawful carry on their premises than they do by allowing it. Again, though, the unfortunate part is that someone is going to have to get seriously injured before such a precedent can be set.

2. Remove Ads

Someday I would love to see a sign in the window of a buisness stating. "All employees are required to be armed during buisness hours". Maybe this one, " All customers must arm themselves before entering if legally able to".

Quote Originally Posted by raevan View Post
    Someday I would love to see a sign in the window of a buisness stating. "All employees are required to be armed during buisness hours". .........
    Would be interpretted by the BG as "I need to bring assault rifles to rob this place". Then they would storm in and just start shooting.

Back to the subject........ I think also that those that can should boycott those businesses that post such.

Also, maybe we should all put together a nice letter/email that we can just sign our names to and send to these companies. ALL OF US! If the get a few hundred emails making the same point, they may take notice.

I don't have an AMC theater close to me, and I don't go to movies much anyways. I avoid my local theater as much as possible. Not that I don't want to, I just like to watch movies in a quieter atmosphere with people that may or may not respond to the screen. Not in a room where there are constant bags being opened, babies crying, people talking on cell phones, kids just screwin around. But that's another topic.
    Sean
    XD 9SC | XD 45ACP Service | XD 45ACP Compact |Borealis
    "You may know where you are. God may know where you are. If you don't tell your dispatcher where you are, you'd better be on speaking terms with God!"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by denverd0n View Post
    I agree that we need to let them know that they are losing business by posting. While it would be a tragedy, and so a part of me hopes that it never happens, there is a part of me that wishes a CCW holder would be injured in a posted store, the store would then be sued for failing to protect the public while prohibiting the public from legally protecting themselves, and the store would LOSE!!! BIG TIME!!!

With that sort of precedent, stores would quickly realize that they risk more by prohibiting lawful carry on their premises than they do by allowing it. Again, though, the unfortunate part is that someone is going to have to get seriously injured before such a precedent can be set.
    I understand what you are saying, denverd0n, and agree with the principle that businesses should be held liable for injuries (or worse) that happen to their customers because they prohibit CCW. But can any of the attorneys here tell us whether the law allows them to be held liable in a given state (and I expect it will be a state-by-state issue if any do)? "Never confuse the law and justice...they are different concepts."--Maybe P.J. O'Rourke or someone else; if not, Me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links