Obama administration prohibiting the ownership of firearms to veterans

Obama administration prohibiting the ownership of firearms to veterans

This is a discussion on Obama administration prohibiting the ownership of firearms to veterans within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; URGENT: Veterans are receiving letters from Obama administration prohibiting the ownership of firearms... Developing... | RedFlagNews.com...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Obama administration prohibiting the ownership of firearms to veterans

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

They show no copy of said letter in that article. Has anyone on this board received one?

While the editorial is interesting absolutely NO PROOF is provided.

once enough people start to believe a rumor as fact the real facts get tossed out as fiction

Senior Moderator
    That was part of the defense bill

I thought that that part of it was amended but I might be wrong. Even if it was still a part of the bill it was passed by Congress and it is the presidents duty to enforce the laws.

That being said I think that there are a lot of laws that are being enforced that are unconstitutional.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

VIP Member
    How does this--

" A determination of incompetency will prohibit you from purchasing, possessing, receiving, or transporting a firearm or ammunition. If you knowingly violate any of these prohibitions, you may be fined, imprisoned, or both pursuant to the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act, Pub.L.No. 103-159, as implemented at 18, United States Code 924(a)(2).”

differ from existing state laws and NICS requirements? I think it doesn't. The key words are
    "a determination of incompetency." Happens all the time.

I bet the folks receiving such a letter, if it is happening at all, are people who are in one stage or another
    of a process for making that determination.

P.S. Don't like what your shrink is telling you, go elsewhere.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Yet, as I write this I have a copy of such a letter right in front of me. It is being sent by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs to hundreds, perhaps thousands, of America’s heroes
    Well geez, guy, you could at least post it for us all to see since you're writing about it..
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Now they're disarming vets "just because"

"I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    He's a back door man.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

I"m going to hold my fire on this one pending verification. If it turns out to be true, they'll have a hell of a fight on their hands, imo.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Eh, not sure this is true and if it is, we don't know all the facts.

Florida issues a permit to veterans based on nothing more than their picture, their check, their app and a copy of their DD Form 214.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Here is a better article on the issue...yada yada..Huffington Post. But I trust their reporting better than some other sites. Anyways, here it is:
    Veterans' Gun Rights Becomes Tough Issue In Defense Bill
    bigmacque, msgt/ret and Hopyard like this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Much better article, with a much better explanation.
    Hopyard and Sig 210 like this.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Quote Originally Posted by carracer View Post
    They show no copy of said letter in that article. Has anyone on this board received one?
    Go to the bottom of the article. A letter is there..
    pittypat21 likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

DHS has already put out an alert that the retired Military & returning vets are the biggest threat of terrorism to this country.

I expect they will try & disarm as many as possible. The thing about this approach is, they can do it with a Bureaucrat - no fuss, no muss, no judicial system. ... Just like how Obama can declare you to be a terrorist & have you summarily incarcerated without trial or recourse, .... or have you killed.
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.

I think this thread should be retitled:

A Veteran Has Been Prohibited...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links