Obama asks people 2 submit stories of gun violence

This is a discussion on Obama asks people 2 submit stories of gun violence within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; But not of when guns helped people. President Obama Asks for People to Submit Their Stories of ?Gun Violence? ? No Mention Of Self Defense ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Obama asks people 2 submit stories of gun violence

But not of when guns helped people.

President Obama Asks for People to Submit Their Stories of ?Gun Violence? ? No Mention Of Self Defense Stories

I don't know what to say at the fact that he uses little "fist bump" icons to show you support the storyteller

Stories ? Barack Obama
    PAPADALE1 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

He wants stories?
    He should have the 'author' of "Fast and Furious" submit his...oh, wait a minute, those are protected by executive privilege so he can't talk about them.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

YEP

I didn't give my real email address. I don't want their spam. But I did send the following:

"My wife and I were out to dinner for her birthday. When we got up to leave, we were followed out by someone who had been sitting at the bar. As we crossed the parking lot, he picked up the pace behind us. I turned and drew my coat back, revealing my legally concealed handgun. The guy immediately turned around, got into a vehicle and drove off. I was glad I had my firearm with me to protect myself and my wife. If you had your way and disarmed the law-abiding American populace in the name of "saving just 1 life", you could have had 2 deaths as a result. Please respect the constitution and stop your misguided assault on the second amendment."

I encourage anyone here to enter their own stories of how a gun helped you in defending yourself or others. You can enter false information into the boxes, seems their form isn't clever enough to realise it's being fooled. Ironic really...

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_C View Post

I encourage anyone here to enter their own stories of how a gun helped you in defending yourself or others. You can enter false information into the boxes, seems their form isn't clever enough to realise it's being fooled. Ironic really...

Great idea. If people flooded the site with those sort of stories it would be great.
    phreddy likes this.
    NRA Patron Member
    GOA Life Member
    Never look down on anybody, unless you're helping them up.

Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    great idea. If people flooded the site with those sort of stories it would be great.
    let's do it
    Ghost1958 likes this.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_C View Post
    I didn't give my real email address. I don't want their spam. But I did send the following:

"My wife and I were out to dinner for her birthday. When we got up to leave, we were followed out by someone who had been sitting at the bar. As we crossed the parking lot, he picked up the pace behind us. I turned and drew my coat back, revealing my legally concealed handgun. The guy immediately turned around, got into a vehicle and drove off. I was glad I had my firearm with me to protect myself and my wife. If you had your way and disarmed the law-abiding American populace in the name of "saving just 1 life", you could have had 2 deaths as a result. Please respect the constitution and stop your misguided assault on the second amendment."

Looks like they have already deleted your comment.
    EDC - Ruger P90, SCCY CPX2, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by accessbob View Post
    Looks like they have already deleted your comment.
    Upon submission the "thank you" statement makes it seem as though they review stories before being published. Mine was likely never even published. I don't care. If they see enough of us flooding them with stories about lawful use of firearms for self defense, maybe at least some of them might realise the folly of their position.

I don't expect to make much difference, but as part of a larger collective even the smallest steps can help. Took me 2 minutes to do it. Seems like a reasonable trade off if it even makes 1 person reconsider their anti-2A alignment.
    AdBro and bmcgilvray like this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    How about, "A guy broke into my house and threatened me, so I exercised extreme gun violence on his butt"?
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    Great idea. If people flooded the site with those sort of stories it would be great.
    Flooding his site with stories like that will also let him know where all the gun owners are via IP address. Not sure if I would let him know that.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DVido View Post
    Flooding his site with stories like that will also let him know where all the gun owners are via IP address. Not sure if I would let him know that.
    They already know where you are at!!!!!!!!
    ANGLICO and BugDude like this.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    They already know where you are at!!!!!!!!
    I know that, I was being facetious, but don't want them to get any more info from me than they already have. Did you know a couple weeks after Newtown the Feds made it mandatory for all service members to register their personally owned fire arms if they are to be brought onto post for any reason (hunting, range, home protection, ect)? That's with CC already being prohibited. Here isn't that big of a deal because we don't have a public range and whenever I turkey hunt on base I just use my buddy's gun; but places like Ft Lewis or Bragg where they have gang violence in family housing it would stink.

VIP Member
    He is going to pick and choose his stories, won't surprise me if he twists words. He is all about "whats in it for me".
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

not knife violence, fist violence, being pushed in front of a subway, choked, run over buy a car, ninja violence, pit bull, hatchet, hammer, shovel, bat, golf club, or any other tool of violence. just gun violence.

he's pretty selective, as usual.

my gun violence story is how the current administration's lap dog funneled weapons directly to Mexican drug cartels. guns that eventually were used to kill an American border agent.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links