Grad Student hands out home defense guns

This is a discussion on Grad Student hands out home defense guns within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Here's an intersesting article from Houston news this evening. Sure to raise some eyebrows... University of Houston grad student gives neighbors guns to fight crime ...

Thread: Grad Student hands out home defense guns

Grad Student hands out home defense guns

Here's an intersesting article from Houston news this evening. Sure to raise some eyebrows...

University of Houston grad student gives neighbors guns to fight crime | News - Home

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Interesting idea but I hope he knows something about the folks he gives them to, because this
    has the potential to come back and bite him in the backside big time.

It sounds legal, but not very wise, IMO. Also, 100 shotguns at even 200 bucks each is going
    to add a few years to his student loan payments :)
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Interesting idea but I hope he knows something about the folks he gives them to, because this
    has the potential to come back and bite him in the backside big time.

It sounds legal, but not very wise, IMO. Also, 100 shotguns at even 200 bucks each is going
    to add a few years to his student loan payments :)

He's set-up a non-profit organization to fund the purchases. Further, he is having background checks run on te prospective owners. The issue I think may come back to haunt him is if one of hte new owners of these shotguns harms someone this grad student my find himself in a legal bind...vicarious liabilty sort of issue...

...there are ways he can legally do this...but I wouldn't do it...

...I gave 980 rounds of .223 ball to a young man on our block(about 40 years old) after him solemnly promising me he'd save the majority of it for neighborhood defense should things ever get bad...he's an expert shooter and hunter...went back to get a few rounds for a young Marine down the street for his new AR...the man had to look me in the eye and tell me he and his buddies got drunkypoo and shot it ALL up one Saturday evening...

...I've listened to several neighbors say they didn't need anything...we're a safe neighborhood...or talk for literally YEARS about getting "something"...and never doing it...

...we can't save the world from their own misplaced priorities and apathy...more often than not...they'll take the shotgun and end up selling it or not training with it...that's the hoomin bein's way...

"One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Links