Out of 45 Ammo and Reloading Supplies .. - Page 2

Out of 45 Ammo and Reloading Supplies ..

This is a discussion on Out of 45 Ammo and Reloading Supplies .. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; well thats all right hunting season coming up so wont do much loading till dec...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    well thats all right hunting season coming up so wont do much loading till dec

I have bought several times from Northeastern bullet - primarily their 200SWC H&G68 style bullets. They are good quality and cheapest out there when you factor in the free shipping.

I have been thinking about trying some thunderheads for the 45 colt from pennbullets though - and may give their match grade 200SWC's a shot.

Administrator
    Bud out of bullets?
    Never thought I'd see that day arrive.

Bullets

I usually get mine from Black Hills Shooters Supply in Rapid City, SD. Freight is included in their price any where in the lower 48. I shoot 230 RN and 200 HP Rainier plated bullets. They also sell powder and primers although our Sportsman's Warehouse sells them for just as good of price and I don't have to buy kegs or cases. They also have even better prices on orders of 500 lbs. +. If you happen to live in the Tacoma, Wa. area so as to avoid freight charges, you can even do better if you place an initial order of 35000 bullets directly from the Rainier factory. I know that sounds like a lot, but if you get a few people together, it's not that bad. Mix and match is OK.
    As an example of price, Black Hills was $65.00 for 1000, Rainier 200 gr. HP and that includes same or following day shipping.
    Last edited by Astute; November 1st, 2006 at 02:44 AM.
    GOOD LUCK!!!
    John
    http://www.packing4life.com

Bud,
    to keep your guns almost as clean as fmj's at half the cost, try http://www.precisionbullets.com/.
    I've used them in .45 acp in 185gr lswc, 200gr rn, and 230gr rn. Love'em.

Dan

I don't melt my own yet, but I lead whore from the tire shops and mechanics, who are more than glad to have them gone. Of the 7 shops in town, 5 of them have a box with my name on it where they ditch their WWs for me to pick up when they call. There is always free lead around, you just have to look for it.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

freakshow it used to be like that here but not anymore either someone offered cash or something no one gives it away easy anymore so i dont waste my time trying to beg anymore

besides now a days i just want to be able to load and go

Not too many handloaders up here. I guess I am spoiled.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Quote Originally Posted by freakshow10mm View Post
    Not too many handloaders up here. I guess I am spoiled.

Must be nice i cant even get free brass like i used to or buy it 5$ per 5 gallon bucket

I still bring cash to gun shows and try and clean out suppliers on the last day of the show. Shipping costs are what really kill ammo prices these days. I'm about to run out of supplys soon so I'll be watching this thread.

i ordered from here today someone recommended them but cant say who cuz i dont remember and i dont see it linked in the thread ordered 1500 and they shipped today

http://gardnerscache.com/cast_pistol_bullets.html

Quote Originally Posted by Bud White View Post
    Must be nice i cant even get free brass like i used to or buy it 5$ per 5 gallon bucket
    I am buddies with the RO at the MI Tech range. We also brass whore at the range. We will go there after hours and sift through the garbage can where they put all the brass. I get all the .223, 10mm brass and we split the 45acp brass 50/50. He gets the rest for trades and stuff. All the local agencies for two counties shoot their quals there and practice there so we also get tons of 40 and 9mm. This RO buddy of mine pays for his books every semseter by brass whoring and selling them on eBarf.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Lew
    Any one who reloads in the volumes that Bud does, or shoots in the volume that Bud or I do, should regularly read the business sections on the stock market postings. But instead of tracking gold or silver, keep track of lead and Copper and brass. Copper a few months ago, exploded in price. You are just now seeing that affect. If you had been watching the price on the stock market you would have seen it coming. Too late for this price increase, but perhaps if you are watching for it and keep up on the price of the 3 main metals we use so much of, you can predict the next jump in ammo prices and beat it by buying while it is still low just before the price matches. The ammo manuafacture's will just pass the increased cost on to us, so watch for it. Not hard to do, especially with a computer....

Just for what it's worth....
    There are 2 types of people, victims and the prepared. I choose to be prepared....

"Bless thee, O Lord, This handgrenade, that it may blow thine enemies to bits. Amen" ~Monty Python's Holy Grail

My Blazer Website

My new, Unofficial Cam and Company Fan site.

Very good hard cast ball 230 and others. Centerfire bullet casting,Hank Williams 4195887006-cell 4195411001

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links