Screwed.....

Screwed.....

This is a discussion on Screwed..... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Ok, just for a little history. I was trying to figure out the age of my p229 (Aug 94 if anyone is interested) and I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Screwed.....

Screwed.....

Ok, just for a little history.

I was trying to figure out the age of my p229 (Aug 94 if anyone is interested) and I burred one of the grip screws. I go online and find screws on Midway's website for 1.99. I thought, "Ok, that's not too bad." Shipping was somewhere in the line of almost 7 bucks. So now its in between 9 dollars. They also do this "round up" thing for the NRA, which I happily participated in. I rounded up to 10$. Ok, so now the screws are 10 dollars.

I get the package in the mail today to find a GIANT white, bubble interior envelope holding a ziplock bag and 1 screw. That is correct. One. Screw...

I paid 10 dollars for o.n.e. screw......

I think you can figured out how I got the title for this.......

Go ahead and laugh it up at my frustration, but I also got my CWP today!
    tony1990 likes this.

From what your post states -- you ordered only one screw....... So you didn't get screwed...... Granted that a hefty price for shipping...............
    Sherman likes this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

I screwed myself. I really wasn't paying too much attention to the actual description. I forget sometimes that "specialty" hardware tends to be a bit more pricey than generic home depot stuff. In my defense, it was late, and I wasn't thinking to hard.

Good thing I only needed to replace 1 screw.....

ETA: They called it something like "special handling" or something fancy like that..... I probably should have just gotten the 4 from TGS for like... 8 bucks..
    Last edited by hwarang54; February 23rd, 2013 at 01:01 AM. Reason: ETA

Quote Originally Posted by hwarang54 View Post
    I screwed myself. I really wasn't paying too much attention to the actual description. I forget sometimes that "specialty" hardware tends to be a bit more pricey than generic home depot stuff. In my defense, it was late, and I wasn't thinking to hard.

Good thing I only needed to replace 1 screw.....

ETA: They called it something like "special handling" or something fancy like that..... I probably should have just gotten the 4 from TGS for like... 8 bucks..

Any gunshops along the Emerald Coast...perhaps a smithy had some replacements ??

RT
    Holy smokes! That's one heck of a shipping charge. What shipping option did you choose? I ordered a hammer, sear, and spring kit for my 10/22 from Midway last week, and the shipping charge was only around $3 for the UPS Mail Innovations option.

Yes, you spent a lot for a screw (...ahem...) but is your p229 functional again? Do you like your gun, and if so, how much?
    Sorry for your luck, but, C'est la vie!

Midway added that extra charge to one of my orders to awhile back. What irritated me was that they don't really tell you up front, it's a special handling charge for small orders. For the most part I just don't buy from them anymore. I would have been one thing if they had made it clear u front, but they didn't.

Screwed.....

I had the same thing happen when I ordered a spring from Phoenix Arms. they've only got one envelope size or something. frustrating.

Go easy on yourself. To get any of my guns running again, I'd spend $10 any day of the week. Even if it was on just a single screw.
    'Fortes Fortuna Juvat'
    NRA Member
    NRA Life of Duty Member

Re: Screwed.....

The never never ceased to function. I messed the screw up so had that I put a round through it and it sliced my hand. I wouldn't have bothered if it was a minor discomfort. As its going to be my edc, I don't mind if it isn't pretty

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

Screwed.....

Files take off burrs too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VIP Member
    That is a typical shipping charge from them. Thats why I order multiple things from them. My friends also call me if they are going to place an order to see if I need anything so we can bulk up the order and split shipping costs. You should have probably ordered more than one right away.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

But was it the RIGHT screw?

I had a shipping situation where I was shipped 12 pallets of goods. 11 of the pallets each had one box (approx 18"x18"x12") on it and the 12th pallet had 5 7-1/4" circular saw blades shrink wrapped to it.

This was immediately AFTER we had just spent $6 million for a new warehouse and computerized shipping systems.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Quote Originally Posted by high pockets View Post
    But was it the RIGHT screw?

I had a shipping situation where I was shipped 12 pallets of goods. 11 of the pallets each had one box (approx 18"x18"x12") on it and the 12th pallet had 5 7-1/4" circular saw blades shrink wrapped to it.

This was immediately AFTER we had just spent $6 million for a new warehouse and computerized shipping systems.

My answer to this question is "Yes, Thank God."

Screwed.....

Yes we all have those "handling and shipping is way more than the item" moments. It's okay to vent..

I think about how much it would have cost me in gas and time if I were to drive around looking for a unique part. In fact now I go online first unless I need it right now and when I add up the costs it is almost always cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links