PPQ owners does this look right?

This is a discussion on PPQ owners does this look right? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; In trying to diagnose problems with my new PPQ40 primarily FTF's and hesitations while cycling I noticed that it is leaving scrape marks on the ...

Thread: PPQ owners does this look right?

In trying to diagnose problems with my new PPQ40 primarily FTF's and hesitations while cycling I noticed that it is leaving scrape marks on the brass.
    Racking the slide with a full mag is difficult and seems to hang up a bit as I first start pulling the slide back. In looking at the bottom of the slide
    it would seem it is hanging up on the raised portion seen in the picture. It seems to me this area should be flat but I really don't know.
    Please let me know if this looks normal.
    PPQ Slide.jpg

Yes. Looks right. Are you using factory mags?

Quote Originally Posted by alpha_bean View Post
    Yes. Looks right. Are you using factory mags?
    Yes everything brand new. At first I could hardly seat a fully loaded mag with the slide forward. Left both mags fully loaded for a while and now it is a little easier.
    but still have to seat them hard. Need to get it out and shoot again to see if it is any better just thought this looked kind of funny. Thanks for the feedback.

On my PPS, that part of the slide is flush. On my Glock 27, it looks like your picture. I'd say it's normal.

Instead of putting a full magazine in the gun and them attempting to cycle the slide, lock the slide back, insert the full magazine and then release the slide forward.

VIP Member
    Did you try changing your ammo to new ammo like has been suggested in your other thread on the same subject?

First shots Walther PPQ 40 dissapointing
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    Did you try changing your ammo to new ammo like has been suggested in your other thread on the same subject?

First shots Walther PPQ 40 dissapointing
    I haven't been able to get out to shoot again. Unfortunately the place I shoot is on private land and not accessible by my car if there is snow
    or the ground is too soft. I do have one other brand of target ammo and a couple other JHP's but have not seen any ammo at my local supplier lately.
    I have left the mags fully loaded as recommended by someone and been cycling some rounds by hand without any problems. The real test will be the
    next time out shooting and I just don't know when that will be.

Sponsored Links