223 Ammo Score

223 Ammo Score

This is a discussion on 223 Ammo Score within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Went into my local Wal Mart the other evening and got a 100 round box of Federal .223 FMJ's for 34.99. I passed a guy ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Tundra5.7
  • 1 Post By kb2wji

Thread: 223 Ammo Score

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar

223 Ammo Score

Went into my local Wal Mart the other evening and got a 100 round box of Federal .223 FMJ's for 34.99. I passed a guy leaving the sporting goods counter with a bag in hand and a big smile on his face. The clerk told me had I been there about 3 minutes earlier I'd have gotten the 3 boxes instead of 1.
    AR15VSCoyote likes this.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Nice!!! at least we are finding some. I happened to find a good amount at my local wally mart. But limited to 3 boxes. I actually found 20 round boxes of winchester 5.56 and not the 223 variety havent seen that at wal mart before. And yes my ar is chambered for 5.56. Sweeeeeeet.

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sixgun View Post
    Nice!!! at least we are finding some. I happened to find a good amount at my local wally mart. But limited to 3 boxes. I actually found 20 round boxes of winchester 5.56 and not the 223 variety havent seen that at wal mart before. And yes my ar is chambered for 5.56. Sweeeeeeet.

My AR is chambered for 5.56 too but I can't find much 5.56 anywhere. I did find some at a gun store a couple weeks back but it was 89.99 for 100. I just ain't going to pay that.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra5.7 View Post
    My AR is chambered for 5.56 too but I can't find much 5.56 anywhere. I did find some at a gun store a couple weeks back but it was 89.99 for 100. I just ain't going to pay that.
    I was surprised to find 5.56 let alone any 223. And this was at wal-mart. I came I saw I bought. Wasnt leavin the store empty handed. A good day indeed.

I love hearing these stories of ammo becoming more and more available. A ray of sunshine, finally.
    AR15VSCoyote likes this.

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    Managed to get 100 rounds of 5.56 at a little out of the way store in Maine. Last box they had. Paid $45 plus tax.
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c
    Favorite Firearm: 1968 SW .357 Revolver

My local G.S./Range has 5.56 PMC $12.50 20 rd. box- limit 4.
    With the Mrs. in tow, got 12 boxes.....The big box stores are limited/try the small guys....

Quote Originally Posted by kb2wji View Post
    I love hearing these stories of ammo becoming more and more available. A ray of sunshine, finally.
    Indeed. Someone correct me if I am El Wrongo but I always thot 223 and 5.56 was the same thing?
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post
    Indeed. Someone correct me if I am El Wrongo but I always thot 223 and 5.56 was the same thing?
    Nope. Theres a few good threads on the differences here. In a nutshell, you can shoot .223 through a 5.56 chambered rifle. Shooting 5.56 through a .223 chambered rifle isnt a good idea. Theres a few threads that will explain it much better than I can.

not a bad price either, just before the hit I ordered a quantity of .223 wolfs at about $4.00 a box...

the same boxes were going for $15.00 at the last gun show I went to... and at a gun store I stopped by at, and people were snatching them up like ice cubes on a hot day.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Sponsored Links