Glock 40cal.

Glock 40cal.

This is a discussion on Glock 40cal. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; May have a chance to buy a Glock 40 that was a trade in from local LE replacing their duty weapons. What would be a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Glock 40cal.

Glock 40cal.

May have a chance to buy a Glock 40 that was a trade in from local LE replacing their duty weapons.

What would be a good price on this weapon along with 3 mags?

Is this something one should even be interested in looking at purchasing?

I have no idea how much LE uses their guns for training and such, what would be some things to look for as far as wear etc.

Was told these may sell at a very discounted price... never bought a "used" firearm before, so just curious. Have always been fortunate and blessed to buy new.

Tks!!

I paid $500.00 for my 23 with 4 mags but I knew the person who was selling it.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

I would think around $350 would be a decent deal. I don't know about now, but 18 months ago I could get the Glock Police package new for the low $400s.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

$350-$400 would be fair. Nothing wrong with the LE trade-ins either.

Quote Originally Posted by pumpercapt View Post
    May have a chance to buy a Glock 40

Ive never seen a glock 40. I know they make a g22, g27, g23, and g35. The g35 is the long barrel so I guess the g40 is like an 8 inch long barrel.

Seriously though, are you a gangbanger? Do you call you car a honda inline 4? Or an accord?

Sorry, that gets on my nerves.

Gun and 3 mags? Well with the current political situation id say anything under 500 would be a good deal. I dont think that LE can shoot a glock enough to hurt its resale. Ask what generation it is, id pay more for a gen3 than a newer gen4.

I picked up a Glock 22 Gen 4 from a guy that I work with who bought it brand new. I paid $350 for it in December. Came with 5 magazines and only had about 1000 rounds through it.

Quote Originally Posted by sioux565 View Post
    $350-$400 would be fair. Nothing wrong with the LE trade-ins either.
    Chances are very good the barrell's not shot out from training. Even if you have to replace the recoil spring assembly or something, parts are pretty reasonable. Unless there's a cracked rail or busted frame (not likely) you're good if under 400.00.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer View Post
    Ive never seen a glock 40. I know they make a g22, g27, g23, and g35. The g35 is the long barrel so I guess the g40 is like an 8 inch long barrel.

Seriously though, are you a gangbanger? Do you call you car a honda inline 4? Or an accord?

Gun and 3 mags? Well with the current political situation id say anything under 500 would be a good deal. I dont think that LE can shoot a glock enough to hurt its resale. Ask what generation it is, id pay more for a gen3 than a newer gen4.
    Thanks for the info everyone...

Sorry for the "gangbaner" lingo, Archer... We own "Fords"...

I personaly don't know much about Glocks or their model no.'s, nor do I even know which model they are trading in.

Just had a friend call me and said he may be getting a
    "Glock 40cal that LE was trading in at a good price". I asked if he could get two and if the price was right I would like to have one just to have one... given todays liberal political climate in regards to "bullet shooters".

Archer, now I assume from what you say there are several different models in 40 caliber (g22, g27, g23, and g35???) and I didn't know about the generation differences either... so, now I have a bit of education in the Glock world!

If I can find out which model it is I'll post it...

Anyways, thanks for the 10-43!

The different models are different sizes. If you plan on carrying you might want to try one of the smaller framed 40 cal models, like the g27. The g22 is the full size model, the g23 is the compact, and the g27 is the sub compact.

http://www.leelofland.com/wordpress/...k_17_19_26.jpg

Id assume they trade in g22s, maybe 23s.

Ok. Tks Archer!

Prob won't carry it, just buying to have... no telling where this whole gun thing is going so I thought if the price was right for a Glock and a 3 high cap mags why not...

Thanks again!

OP:
    I knew what you meant by Glock 40. I have a Glock that is an LE trade-in and is a good gun. Many of them have been carried a lot but not shot a lot. $400-450 sounds like a fair price. Good luck.

PS: I call my Ford F-150 a Pick-n-Up Truck. Does that make me a Redneck?

Quote Originally Posted by Archer View Post

Well that was rather uncalled for wasnt it? I am sure he is sorry for not being as awesome as yourself......

To the OP.... I would have no issues buying an LEO trade in. It will have night sights, be good and broke in, and you dont have to worry about scratching it. Like previously mentioned, small parts that may need to be replaced are pretty inexspensive. Also, I believe you are referring to the Glock 22 .40 cal. I own one and you couldnt pry it from my cold dead hands. It is one of my favorite guns. I think you will be very pleased with your purchase.
    nathanjns likes this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    PS: I call my Ford F-150 a Pick-n-Up Truck. Does that make me a Redneck?[/QUOTE]

If you would have said, See that there pickem-up-truck sitten over yonder by the hose pipe, then I would have said you were a redneck .
    nathanjns likes this.

I just bought a Gen 3 23, only 5 shells shot thru it for $450.

Given that Glock mags are running about $30 if you cna fin them I would think $450-$500 for an LEO Glock and three mags would be good. I am amazed that people are able to pick up slightly used glocks for less than $300 since it's a sellers market right now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links