We went into full SA and prep for assault...

This is a discussion on We went into full SA and prep for assault... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Lemme tell you a story... My wife and I just returned from a trip to Georgia for a gathering of internet friends. On the first ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: We went into full SA and prep for assault...

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar

Lemme tell you a story...

My wife and I just returned from a trip to Georgia for a gathering of internet friends. On the first night up there, 7 of us went out for dinner. We entered a deli that offered lots of seating after getting food and paying at a counter. The room was long and narrow with 2 doors at one end and a long walk through the seating area to the counter.

2 people entered, about 10 seconds apart, wearing full face helmets, one looked like an alien and the other wore a Darth Vader helmet/mask.

My wife looked at me and I nodded. She started moving toward a door and I started moving towards the back room/exit...we were both armed. 3 of our party were also armed. We just watched...I think I unbuttoned another lower button on my shirt.

After they kinda marched down toward the cashier, one of the clerks laughed and said "hi". This took about 30 long seconds. They then removed their helmets and were greeted by a couple of other guests in the deli. The deli was planning a "Harlem Shake" that night, but nothing was posted anywhere...it was supposed to appear to be spontaneous.

We then got back in line and ordered a fine dinner. The other armed members of our group also mentioned that they were 'ready for action'.

We stayed and watched the setup for video recording of the spontaneous "Harlem Shake". We are all older folks and had no idea what that was. Thankfully, one of the party brought their son who explained what was happening after we all 'stood down'.

Just my opinion...in this day and age, I don't think I would ever enter an establishment wearing a full face mask/helmet...

Live and learn...

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    My signature line says all I need to say.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I am just now finding out this Harlem Shake thing... from what I understand it is as bad of not more ridiculous than that Koren dude riding the horse. These fads get worse all the time, or is that I am getting older?
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Quote Originally Posted by lchamp View Post
    2 people entered, about 10 seconds apart, wearing full face helmets, one looked like an alien and the other wore a Darth Vader helmet/mask.

My wife looked at me and I nodded. She started moving toward a door and I started moving towards the back room/exit...we were both armed. 3 of our party were also armed. We just watched...I think I unbuttoned another lower button on my shirt.
    You were prepared. You were aware of what was unfolding, as it was unfolding. You didn't wait, moving immediately to ensure cover and ability to rapidly escape if needed. And you readjusted your sights once you realized what was what.

Perfect.

A good example of how things can turn on a dime, how things come out of nowhere, and how seemingly clear warning signals can occasionally be something else. No telling what can happen, in this world.
    IsaiahM33 likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

You did exactly the same as I would have. Now THIS is a good example of when to 'go orange', unlike the other thread.
    Taurahe likes this.

Nice moves without going overboard. You were ready to rock.
    icemanls2 likes this.
    (4) Springfield Armory XD-40 Sub Compact
    (1) Ruger LC9
    NRA Member

"Molon labe" "From my cold dead hands"

Quote Originally Posted by autogateman View Post
    You did exactly the same as I would have. Now THIS is a good example of when to 'go orange', unlike the other thread.
    This is basically the exact same reasoning for "going orange" as the other thread. There was a specific focal point that caused them concern, even though there turned out to be no actual threat.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Did y'all make it to the Varsity. Terrible food, but lots of atmosphere.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Sounds like good SA to me. A+
    "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

+1 ^^^^^^^^^ on the above
    A+ on you and your Party
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

A+ on readiness and being prepared without drawing attention to yourself.

Sadly, I have to doc it a grade and a half (B- now) for multiple mentions of "Harlem Shake."

I have no idea what a Harlem Shake is???? Do I want too??
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    I have no idea what a Harlem Shake is???? Do I want too??
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hpEnLtqUDg

It is entertaining the first 30 times.

This one is my favorite, probably as there are almost no people in it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgg1WUJhUc4

My students beg to do one all the time. To the OP sounds good to me! Not overboard but well thought and prepared.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by high pockets View Post
    Did y'all make it to the Varsity. Terrible food, but lots of atmosphere.
    Don't forget the code orange from just being in that part of town. Looks like the students at Ga. Tech. may actually be able to carry on campus if things go as planned with this session of the legislature.
    Georgia HB 29: This bill would allow guns to be carried on public and private college campuses, vocational campuses, and other institutes of post-secondary education.

1 among many introduced for consideration. Hope it passes.

I used to " go orange" when something pricked the hairs on my neck, but it drew to much attention to me.
    All that turning a bright unnatural color and stuff freaked folks out Now i try to just stay the same color.
    IM KIDDING ALREADY
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links