Gun Auction Today

Gun Auction Today

This is a discussion on Gun Auction Today within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I attended a live auction that was also carried on the internet by ProxiBid today, what an eye opener. There were about 300 weapons, antiques, ...

Thread: Gun Auction Today

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar

Gun Auction Today

I attended a live auction that was also carried on the internet by ProxiBid today, what an eye opener. There were about 300 weapons, antiques, C&R and to the latest state of the art and hundreds of accessories. I quickly found that I must have overlooked something while checking the several weapons I planned to bid on. I don't know how, but I must have not seen the GOLD plating. Most used weapons winning bids exceeded the new guns MSRP. In my wife's opinion it was the best auction that I have attended of late, I only bought a cup of coffee.

Obama has sure made an impact on the prices of new and used weapons.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

All the chumps that pay these inflated prices are going to have some sore butts when the market evens back out and they cant get nearly what they paid for it, and I will be there to laugh all the way to my gun safe...er...I mean bank
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurahe View Post
    All the chumps that pay these inflated prices are going to have some sore butts when the market evens back out and they cant get nearly what they paid for it, and I will be there to laugh all the way to my gun safe...er...I mean bank
    I do believe that the majority of the buyers do not do their homework on the guns that they bid on prior to attending and in some cases some get caught up in a bidding war/match. I bid on two guns today, a Seecamp 32 and a 1943 Ithaca 1911. The Seecamp was in 80% condition but the winning bid exceeded Seecamp's $450 MSRP and the 1911 exceeded present book value by at least $200.

I agree that if the market should return to normal many people will realize a major loss in value of their purchases.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Sponsored Links