Academy has 22LR ...

This is a discussion on Academy has 22LR ... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; ... for about 5 minutes! I went by this morning figuring I may get a box of 9mm, because they have not had any 22LR ...

Thread: Academy has 22LR ...

Academy has 22LR ...

... for about 5 minutes!

I went by this morning figuring I may get a box of 9mm, because they have not had any 22LR for over a month. I ended up first in line, got there about 7:20 am and they open at 8. To my surprise, I saw four of these stacked up on the countertop ...

130225 - 22LR.jpg

But they only had the four buckets, and no other 22LR. I bought the first bucket, the guy behind me bought one and so on.

I am pleased to report that Academy is NOT price gouging. Everything I have bought since the panic started is at normal pricing, including my Nano 9mm.

1400 rounds for $65 = $23.21 for a 500 round box.

2. Remove Ads

lol!! man tgis ammo hoarding is killing me!!!

Man I am jealous!! Who woulda ever thought a bucket of 22LR's would look so damn sexy??
    When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    - Thomas Jefferson

Academy in Sparkle City ?
    To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

VIP Member
    Nice to hear they got fair pricing. I say fair because I have heard of over $50 for the 500 round boxes. But not to long ago we paid well under $18.00 for the Federal 550 box of 22LR.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Distinguished Member
    A co-worker came and told me sportmans got in a good shipment of ammo this morning so I rode over with him. We stood in line for about ten minutes, my first time going and standing in line for ammo so far, lol. But I was suprised, they had the UMC 250 rnd boxes of 9mm for 69.99 and remington 22lr 500 rnd boxes for 21.00, got one of each and a 50 rnd box of remington 38 (can finally shoot my new (to me) dan wesson 357 4"). It was a good shipment, they had a lot of boxes, it ended up being pretty worth it to me. I feel like there is finally enough ammo starting to come around so that I feel pretty good about making some weekly/bi weekly range trips again.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

[QUOTE=EdJean; 1400 rounds for $65 = $23.21 for a 500 round box.[/QUOTE]

It's been about 2 years since I've bought any 22 ammo. The price then was about the same you paid recently. Good on ya.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

I need one of those buckets, nice score. I'm down to 1000 rounds and have stopped using my 22 for practice. Hoping this mess is over soon.

Links