ok im looking for a cheap reliable pocket pistol

This is a discussion on ok im looking for a cheap reliable pocket pistol within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; ok i pockt carry often mostly in a coat pocket. my g27 gets carried in my pocket so does my snubie but im looking for ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: ok im looking for a cheap reliable pocket pistol

ok i pockt carry often mostly in a coat pocket. my g27 gets carried in my pocket so does my snubie but im looking for something smaller lighter. ive looked at the kel tec pf9 and the p3 at both less than 400 bucks ive also saw a 22 revolver a tiny thing made by naa running at $219 just not enogh bullet for me really. just seeing if anyone else has a good pocket pistol? thx
    Spring field 1911a1, glock 27, tuarus pt111, colt police revolver 38spl, NAA mini, charter arms undercover .38 spl

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    How about the little Ruger LCP?
    Fisher10 likes this.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

smaller lighter than a older 642 is hard to find maybe the guardian 380 , or wait for the double tap to come out this year should be within next six months,I have a S&W 380 bodyguard pretty light very thin, I put about 400 rds thru it so far so good. still think 642 is way to go .

Naa minis .22 mag might be worth a second look. They also make some .380 that are small, guardians I think they are called.

Quote Originally Posted by 031131 View Post
    Naa minis .22 mag might be worth a second look. They also make some .380 that are small, guardians I think they are called.
    my grand father carries one in his pocket 24/7 but i think the 22 mag is one of those reach out and touch some one gun. where you actually have to touch them with the gun before you shot them lol. just not to sure about it i like the gun but i wouldnt feel like i was carring one if you know what im mean and the body guard i wont touch guy who owns rang and rents guns out said they had problems with both body guards said the lasers died fast and the revolvers have fallen abart on multiple occasions. the 642 and the lcr are nice revolvers and all just not what im looking for im really looking for a pistol. the lc9 has Adjustable sights and i dont like those sights not trying to be picky but thx for yall's input thx guys
    Spring field 1911a1, glock 27, tuarus pt111, colt police revolver 38spl, NAA mini, charter arms undercover .38 spl

I have a Ruger LCR in .357 magnum that i pocket carry at times. It is a great little revolver. It is a handful with the .357 rounds but at least with this caliber you can shoot the magnums 38 special +P andthe 38 special.
    JoJoGunn likes this.

If you're looking for a pocket 9 I would recommend the kahr pm9/cm9. I wear it in my jeans pocket and have no issues with it. If you are looking for a 380 you can hide in almost any situation, you may want to check out the Ruger LCP... it's a little smaller than the cm9.

Well I would never use the words Cheap and Reliable for a gun together. But if you are looking for a reliable gun, +1 for the Ruger LCP, fits nice in a pocket with the holster and a spare mag in the other pocket.

Be safe!
    Taurahe and Jaybm like this.
    NEVER point a gun at something you are not prepared to destroy!
    AND for GODS sake, get your finger off the trigger until you are ready to squeeze the trigger!

Senior Member Array BigCityChief's Avatar

Another vote for the Ruger LCR .357.
    Retired LEO
    NRA Member

Start here...
    Bobo size comparisons chart...
    https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=0DE36...44906CB6%21149
    srings likes this.

Smaller and lighter than a snub-nosed revolver, have looked at (but presumably passed on the) Kel-Tec P3AT .380ACP mousegun. There aren't a lot of choices, in the ultralight-but-more-powerful-than-380 category. Might be impossible criteria, unless you relax some constraints.

About the cheapest, fairly reliable pistols I've found are the Kel-Tec P3AT and Ruger LCP. Taurus also has a couple of puny .380 and 9mm variants that are in the LCP to slightly larger size range.

Had several of the Kahr PM9 (CM9) and P380 pistols, though I could never get them flawless enough to feel confident to carry all the time. Bummer, as these are probably the best of the lot, if you can find it's reliable in your hands with your ammo. You can probably pick up a CM9 for your price range.

Any of the snubbie revolvers ought to suit, though you said you'd prefer something smaller. To my knowledge, there aren't any smaller than the 1.8" bbl snubbies we all know of.

The newer Boberg pistols are fairly small, though they're easily more than double your budget. And, being new on the scene, they're going through some normal teething pains of most new designs.

And, while pocket carry is one way to go, don't fully discount IWB. Particularly with the tuckable and belly-band approaches, as well as some of the appendix-carry options, concealability need not be tough to achieve.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member
    Another vote for the Ruger LCP, about as good as a value (not cheap) as you can get for a RELIABLE pocket pistol.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

A slight adjustment for the subject. Good fast and cheap.

O/P is asking for a cheap S/D gun... many would ask what his life is worth... But he may not have the financial wherewithall to get a popular expensive firearm.

My answer to the O/P is this..

You can have two of three choices... Good, New, Cheap.... you can have good and new... but it wont be cheap, you can have good and cheap.... but it wont be new, Or you can have cheap and new.... but it wont be good

Spuk!
    BlueHawk76 likes this.

For a small, inexpensive, but dependable mouse gun...my KelTec P-3AT has never missed a boom in 8+ years.
    Richard58 likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I love my Beretta Nano. Not really cheap, but not Glock-ing expensive either.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links