Where have all the Mosins gone?

This is a discussion on Where have all the Mosins gone? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; About 5 years ago you could walk into any sporting goods store and walk out with a mosin M91/30 for around $100.00. I noticed that ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Where have all the Mosins gone?

Sponsor

About 5 years ago you could walk into any sporting goods store and walk out with a mosin M91/30 for around $100.00. I noticed that they aren't as available now. I would imagine that they are imported in "waves" with large quantities being imported at a time. Is the current lack of mosin's just part of the natural ebb and flow? Or do you think the times of $100 91/30s is long gone?

Thanks!
    Clay

i love my Mosin and in my opinion people started buying them in bulk to arm themselves and their loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by SHTFGearLLC View Post
    About 5 years ago you could walk into any sporting goods store and walk out with a mosin M91/30 for around $100.00. I noticed that they aren't as available now. I would imagine that they are imported in "waves" with large quantities being imported at a time. Is the current lack of mosin's just part of the natural ebb and flow? Or do you think the times of $100 91/30s is long gone?

Thanks!
    Clay
    Good question, I've noticed that also. I had thought about getting another one, but nowhere to be found locally.

Glad I got mine a few months back.
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpencerB View Post
    i love my Mosin and in my opinion people started buying them in bulk to arm themselves and their loved ones.
    I've been thinking the same thing.

It's like 357/38 was still readily available during the last panic not this time. Alot of stuff is flying off the shelves that isn't even under threat of ban so I'd have to say people are worried about being armed and stocked with ammo no matter what it is. I thought something was seriously wrong with 7.62x54R spam cans went up to $100 in a month.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

What like from $80 to 100 right?
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

VIP Member

Thanks!
    Clay
    The last gun shows I have been to they are in the $195-$219 range now.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

It seems that first semiautomatic rifles were bought up, then those who waited to long or simply lacked the means to purchase one turned to military surplus bolt actions. Nagant revolvers also seem to be missing from most websites. I would suggest stocking up on more 7.62 X 54R ammunition while it is available and reasonably priced, for those of you fortunate enough to already have some model of Mosin nagant.

I seem to recall that Hillary Clinton blocked some attempts at importation of various European surplus guns a while back, im guessing some of them were Mosins.

I picked my first one up for just 69 bucks. They go for about 140 now.

Exactly my thoughts! Where are they?? Can't find them for much under 200 now..
    EDC: M&P 9*2
    PHIL.4:13

NRA

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    To my house My first was $45 OTD and my most expensive was $300 for a 1913 Remington model 91. I presently have two, a 1930 and a 1938 both with all matching numbers and my son has several.

The going price in my area ranges from $125 to $150 for the 91/30's but seldom see any of the other models. Ammo locally is 440 rounds for $150 almost double of last years price.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

People are grabbing up anything used by a military in the past hundred years.

But, like everything else, I already had mine and I'm just sitting back and making fun of everyone now.

Distinguished Member
    I just bought a 440 round can of 7.62x54R from Sportsman's Guide for $85.99. They still have it in stock, according to their site:
    440 Rds. 7.62x54r 147 - Gr. Steel Core Fmj Ammo - 1020011, 7.62x54r Ammo at Sportsman's Guide
    SpencerB likes this.
    EDC - Glock 21C, M&P Shield .40 OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

...Yesterdays Weapons Forum would be a good source of info on the Mosin-Nagent...those boys love 'em and are real helpful...Pete had talked me into buying one of his just before he passed...reliable, powerful...at that time you could get a rifle and 1000 rds for under $200...great package...

The local gun shop where I purchased mine is totally out of them the last time I was there. A friend of mine liked my 91-30, wants one and asked me to check next time I am at the shop.

Well, they are gone. My score in 2011 was $120 something, and I bet if more come in they will be more in price.

Luckily mine survived the burglary at my home. The thief tossed it on the bed in the room because he could not carry it along with the others he took.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Thanks!
    Clay
    I have one and bought 2 as gifts. I would not take what I have invested in mine. I bought about 300 rounds of ammo and I have fired about 50 rounds....great gun and very accurate. I found another 200 rounds very cheep and bought them. Do not pass up a good deal on a 91/30 Mosin Nagant. The ones I gave as gifts I would love to have back in my collection.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links