Ban automatics

This is a discussion on Ban automatics within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Seeing that our dear friends in Washington wants to ban everything to protect us from our selfs. 300 people killed with rifles,Ban those dang rifles,I ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Rock and Glock
  • 2 Post By NONAME762

Thread: Ban automatics

Ban automatics

Seeing that our dear friends in Washington wants to ban everything to protect us from our selfs.
    300 people killed with rifles,Ban those dang rifles,I don't think anyone has ever been killed with a hi capacity mag, But heck lets Ban them anyway! So about 40000 people are killed in auto accidents, I think we should ban auto transmissions, That would stop the killing, Right? We know it doesn't have to make any difference, but the left wing lunes will love it!

2. Remove Ads

Would you like a cup of coffee?
    "The only thing I'm an expert about is my experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Olduser View Post
    Decaf only, Decaf.
    OD* likes this.

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by GLKM23 View Post
    Ban automatics
    I don't think I could go back to a manual shift.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Quote Originally Posted by Olduser View Post
    Well I for one thinks *coffee should be banned*. I mean just think of all the tragedies that have occurred from caffeine crazed citizens going ballistic when their *red* button was pushed one too many times.
    -----------------------------------
    Like OD said I don't think I could go back to manual shift trannies either. In fact I sold a perfectly good and *very straight* 96 Dodge 4x4 last Christmas *only* because it was a stick. I got some arthritis in my left leg...

If I were a Warlock I can think of some very special (in their eyes perhaps) people I would put the heebee jeebee's on and cast an Arthritic spell that would rival the destruction caused by Genghis Khan....
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

A little off topic and maybe I need a tin foil hat, but...

I've always thought the reason why the government never does things similar to what the OP mentioned, like put an 80 mph limit on how fast cars can go(by actually limiting the engine to that speed with a governor) or ban tobacco or alcohol, is for the sole reason that it does kill so many people. Kind of like a messed up way for population control. I know they are not looking out for our best interests so I might not be to far off the mark!

If Govt whether Feds or states banned tobacco or alcohol they'd lose millions in taxes. I don't think they're quite ready to give up that teat yet.
    Jdunn217 and msgt/ret like this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post
    If Govt whether Feds or states banned tobacco or alcohol they'd lose millions in taxes. I don't think they're quite ready to give up that teat yet.

Haha very true, more like billions I'd imagine! Here's another one...

Heart disease. Because the average american sheep can't control their eating habits, why don't they make the fast food industry cook in healthier ways? This would greatly help out in reducing death from heart disease. Or do all those people dying every year actually benefit the government somehow? If the government is supposedly looking out for you, don't you think they would be trying to reduce the leading cause of death? That is why I have thoughts of "hmm these could be weird types of population control".

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GLKM23 View Post
    Seeing that our dear friends in Washington wants to ban everything to protect us from our selfs.
    300 people killed with rifles,Ban those dang rifles,I don't think anyone has ever been killed with a hi capacity mag, But heck lets Ban them anyway! So about 40000 people are killed in auto accidents, I think we should ban auto transmissions, That would stop the killing, Right? We know it doesn't have to make any difference, but the left wing lunes will love it!
    The person most scary is not actually in Washington but is pulling most of the strings. It is Bloomberg. Why on earth would a multi billionaire want to buy his way into being the mayor of NYC? Why is he so adamant about gun CONTROL. Could it be power? Control and Power are pretty much one in the same.

He has so far contributed a ton of money (his end around scheme) to control other democratic mayors with campaign contributions. When that doesn't work he uses threats. He uses his puppet Chuck Shermmer from NY for some Washington jobs. At the rear is his misinformed crony from CA, Diane "Frankenstein". Obama is really there just to vacation and do what he's told.

Should we be worried? Yes. It is controlling authoritarian dictators like these that are most dangerous to all us, not just law abiding gun owners. The guns they are trying to take away is just the tip of the iceberg as Feinstein admits. If Bloomberg had his way he would not only try to abolish the Second Amendment but also other rights and freedoms.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Links