EPIC SCORE!!! Or, BEST DAY OFF EVAR!

This is a discussion on EPIC SCORE!!! Or, BEST DAY OFF EVAR! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well, today was indeed a good day! In case I haven't mentioned it, I make my living as a chef/cook. Normally I work every night ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 6 Post By Phaedrus
  • 1 Post By Phaedrus

Thread: EPIC SCORE!!! Or, BEST DAY OFF EVAR!

Well, today was indeed a good day! In case I haven't mentioned it, I make my living as a chef/cook. Normally I work every night and every weekend. Recently I won our award for employee of the year, and the prize was $250 cash money and a weekend at any hotel property owned by the company I work for (not a chain but the owners have about eight places in family). I guess the Exec wanted to be nice so he gave me Friday off this week. Initially I was actually annoyed; I'm a baller, man! I love working the busiest nights. But last nite we got railed out so I was actually looking forward to having it off.

So I went to the local Scheel's store, and as luck would have I walked up to the ammo case just as one of the dudes was rollin' up with a handcart of ammo! Case after case of 9mm! The Great White Buffalo! There's a limit of two boxes so I snagged a couple hundos of WWB 115 gr FMJ. Of course, on the other side of the isle they're crammin' the case with .22 ammo! I haven't seen two-two ammo "in the wild" in a couple months! So I scored a 1000 round box of Winchester M-22! It's supposed to be primo stuff made for the AR type guns. Hopefully it'll run in my Ruger Mk I. It really loves Remington Golden so that's what I usually feed it but this stuff is plated so it should be okay.

Afterwards I met my brother & sister for Chinese at this place two blocks down from Scheel's. We have dinner then head back to Scheel's to look at a couple guns. In the mean time they crammed another couple cases of WWB in there! So I had my brother & sister each pick up the limit of 9mm for me, two hundos each!

Very sweet! Got a day off and scored 600 rounds of 9mm and a 1000 rounds of .22! I had some 124 gr NATO ball squirreled away along with some 200 rounds of 115 gr ball reloads from the FLGS. I'm officially set until the next wave rolls in!

Sounds like you had a great day off to me.................Nice.

Wow that is a score, I think we know what happened to the $250 you received...

Haha! Yeah, first time in ages I bought 1600 rounds of ammo with cash!
    NONAME762 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    Haha! Yeah, first time in ages I bought 1600 rounds of ammo with cash!
    That's always a good feeling.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by MJB_17 View Post
    Wow that is a score, I think we know what happened to the $250 you received...
    Regardless MJB 17 HE SCORED BIG TIME!!! THAT'S WHAT CLEAN LIVIN' GITS YA!!! RIGHT ON!!
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Good stuff. What was the cost for the boxes? I have 9mm from Luckygunner coming. Paid $25 per box of 50 plus shipping. A few weeks ago it was under $20 per box.

I'd love to find out more from you about the kitchen operations (way off topic). I am a big fan of the kitchen rescue shows, and I always wonder how the heck the cooks keep track of so many dishes at once.

It was $29.99 per 100 rnd box, Winchester White Box 115 gr ball. That's 50% higher than it was six months ago but $.30 per round is about as good as I've seen since the Great Panic began. The 1000 round brick of .22 ammo was $50, a nickle a round! Kinda high, but like I said, there is virtually none to be had at any price so I paid it with a smile on my face. If I keep it all for myself it will last me a good two or three months, but I might split it with the Exec Chef since I wouldn't have ever seen it if he hadn't given me a Friday off!

I don't even know how we keep track of all those orders! It's like trying to explain to a space alien how to breathe! We just do it. I have a pretty good innate ability to multi-task and a pretty good clock/stopwatch in my head. In a way it's a bit like shooting fast- slow is smooth and smooth is fast. At first you can only keep an eye on a few things, but the more you do it the better you get at being able to do many dishes at once. Most of the time I broil so it's a two dozen steaks, a few chops, 20 chicken breasts, a few fish, maybe a dozen burgers on the grill at one time. Until it really gets busy. You have to have a good timer in your head, a good feel for knowing when something is done, how long it takes, how well it holds, and how fast everyone else can go. No point in being twice as fast as the other stations since it all has to hit the window at roughly the same time. It can be like getting 10 musicians on stage together and they each try to play a different song!

JD
    Administrator
    Congrats.

You are definitely living right...
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

Links