Bank robbery; Main police station (police are only minutes away)

This is a discussion on Bank robbery; Main police station (police are only minutes away) within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Not sure if this is the correct sub-forum . I had to laugh about this, as it couldn't be a better example of, when the ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Eagleks
  • 1 Post By mbguy29577

Thread: Bank robbery; Main police station (police are only minutes away)

Not sure if this is the correct sub-forum .

I had to laugh about this, as it couldn't be a better example of, when the "police are only minutes away"...... two elements of this are..... the Bank is right across from City Hall and the main police station.... (with literally a couple hundred officers around at any given time), the County jail and City jail, the County Courthouse and Sheriff's main offices as well (all different & Large buildings), and second .... the guy "walked away" after the robbery and has not yet been caught.

I think it points out .... police cannot be everywhere, and even though they responded in 4 minutes, the robber was still able to complete the robbery and "walk away" .... and not be caught.... literally right under law enforcement's nose. So, what does this say about a self-defense situation and you call 911 for help ????

Downtown Wichita bank robbed - KFDI

Downtown Wichita bank robbed

A man robbed a downtown Wichita bank of an undetermined about of money.

It happened about 10:40 Friday morning at the Commerce Bank, 456 North Main, across the street from City Hall. Police responded within four minutes of the call.

An Emergency Dispatch Supervisor said the suspect was described as white, about 5-foot-2 inches tall with a medium build. He was wearing a gray snow hat and blue waist length coat with glasses.

The man, believed to be in his 50's, was last seen walking south bound from the bank. Its not known if the man was wearing glasses at the time of the robbery. He put money in paper bank envelope.

No gloves were seen. Emergency traffic from police indicated the man was described with "small teeth." KFDI's Marc LaVoie is on the scene. We will have more on this story as soon as possible.

Note map : (Go to Aerial /satellite view) http://classic.mapquest.com/maps?nam...ESS&id=8327215

Star : is at location of bank, on the SE corner of that intersection.
    Across the street to the left, is the City Hall , Main City Police Station, City jail , and the Police car garage & a 'station' are the buidlings to the West of the main City Hall building.
    The NW corner , (building sitting at an angle) is the Country Courthouse, and Sheriff's offices, along with the jail buildings (large white buildings) behind it to the West and Northwest.
    The building to the North , across the street, is also a Courthouse. I might note, the smaller building just to the North end of this building, is the "old" Courthouse of the later 1800's, the basement of which was the jail, and the one that Wyatt Earp worked out of when he was there.
    mbguy29577 likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

“But now,” he said, “take your money and a traveler’s bag. And if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one!” Luke 22:36 (NLT)

Wichita was a good sized city supporting s Cessna manufacturing plant and McConnell AFB along with SAC ICBM silos scattered around Wichita and that was more than 30 years ago. One would gather the city would have grown in size and population during those years. Yet with the bank right across the street it took the Wichita Police Department 4 minutes to respond. One can only surmise it must have been DONUT TIME. The robber escaped with an undetermined amount of cash. I sure am glad I bank somewhere else.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Just...wow. Not only pretty brazen on the armed robbers part, but got away before ANY officers responded.

I got nuthin'.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Four minutes. Wow...

Re: Bank robbery; Main police station (police are only minutes away)

Well if it was a actual phone call to 911 it would go to a dispatcher first then to the police. If it was an automated panic button... idk... do those go directly to the police?

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Okay, that's pretty impressive.
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

Sometimes its easier to hide in plain sight.
    oneshot likes this.
    (4) Springfield Armory XD-40 Sub Compact
    (1) Ruger LC9
    NRA Member

"Molon labe" "From my cold dead hands"

VIP Member
    H.E. Double Hockey Sticks, you would have thought the desk sargent would have been able to get up and get there while the whole thing was still going down.

As an aside, Witchita looks like a neat city, what with the river going through and the park with the golf course and whatnot.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Call would have went out to the beat car,not the cops just walking around,wouldn't matter if it was across the street or 2 miles away,only LEO's with radios would have heard the dispatch and then responded,it might take a few minutes to run thru the building,one other thing is a lot of times Plain Clothes Detectives don't like to be the first ones on scene with a gun,
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Reminds me of the fire department here that was fighting a brush fire. When the hoses suddenly ran dry, they looked back to see the truck in flames. Ooooops!
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Reminds me of the fire department here that was fighting a brush fire. When the hoses suddenly ran dry, they looked back to see the truck in flames. Ooooops!
    ^^^^^^That had to be sobering, to say the least^^^^^^

I could hear that conversation now.

FF#1; I'm not gonna tell the chief, you tell him.
    FF#2; I'm not gonna tell him, you tell him.
    FF#3; I know, maybe we could tell him Charlie was smoking in the rig again, and the chief would buy that!?
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

VIP Member
    It's too bad he didn't have "big teeth" because then they could have simply issued an arrest warrant for Tom Cruise and been done with it.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Links