Question about Gunbroker

Question about Gunbroker

This is a discussion on Question about Gunbroker within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; 1st time with Gunbroaker. My bid on this gun was $700.00 yet the current bid shows $665.00. Would someone be so kind to tell me ...

Thread: Question about Gunbroker

Question about Gunbroker

1st time with Gunbroaker. My bid on this gun was $700.00 yet the current bid shows $665.00. Would someone be so kind to tell me what this is all about?
    Thanks

VIP Member

Question about Gunbroker

It's the current bid vs. the maximum amount of your bid. If nobody else bids you'll get it for the shown amount. If anyone else bids, it'll automatically take your bid up to your maximum amount of $700.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Distinguished Member
    It's the same as ebay... you place a "maximum" bid and the system will place incremental bids for you up to that maximum.
    So the number you saw as the current bid was your bid at $5.00 above the previous maximum bid. Now if someone bids $680, then you'll automatically bid $685.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

If you will notice i can buy it at $999 does this mean that the owner wont take less then the $999?
    Thank for the replies guys

Quote Originally Posted by swmshoot View Post
    If you will notice i can buy it at $999 does this mean that the owner wont take less then the $999?
    Thank for the replies guys
    If the "buy it now" price is $999, then you can skip the bidding and outright purchase it at that price. If nobody "buys it now" and the bidding ends at a lower price, the winner will pay that lower price.

The "buy it now" price is NOT a reserve.

Since the owner has people bidding of course they would like to get close to $999 but they have to take whatever the winning offer was once the listing ended. So don't worry about the Buy Now price unless you do want to bid then the Buy Now is your only option.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_C View Post
    If the "buy it now" price is $999, then you can skip the bidding and outright purchase it at that price. If nobody "buys it now" and the bidding ends at a lower price, the winner will pay that lower price.

The "buy it now" price is NOT a reserve.
    I don't generally bother with the auctions; I just look for decent deals on straight sale. The auctions are there and there are deals but what sometimes happens if the auction does not net the amount that the seller wants to get is that the seller will have a buddy bid up the price or do it himself on another account.
    There are deals out there but it is a "buyer Beware" situation. If the deal is good: go for it but don't get caught up in the "bidding war".

The buy it now price is usually near the price that the item will go for. Not always but most of the time from my experience.

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Auctions can be fun and save a lot of money. Before you do it the hard way, I recommend going to Ebay, read the tutorials, and then bid on small, inexpensive items on Ebay or competitive sites for items that you need or want, to gain both experience and reputation points. Do pay attention to shipping cost.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

Whenever I bid on something, I always have done the research necessary to determine the max price I would be willing to pay. If someone is bidding up their own auctions, let them get stuck with a few and have to pay auction fees for nothing. A few things to keep in mind with auctions, 1. The more bids in a short period of time the higher the price. 2. An auction doesn't mean you will be getting a deal. I've seen many eBay auctions where the item is sold for more than the cost you'd pay at the store 3. This one applies to gun purchases. Know ALL the fees before you bid. Unless you have an FFL, you'll have to pay your local one a fee for the transfer and a background check. Shipping is also a consideration.

Call your local FFL to find out if he accepts transfers from gunbroker and find out what the fee will be. I called several and found the lowest price. Have this in mind and add it to the gun price and any shipping charges. Many auctions on gun broker wind up costing more than it would for you to buy it outright from the local place. I personally still have use for gunbroker because I have a penchant for hard to find expensive firearms which usually aren't available locally. If what your buying is common fare, you might be better served buying locally.

Just info...but, when you win the bid...you'll be adding shipping, credit card premium, FFL transfer fee and state sales tax in the state you live in to get to your final price. Bought an XDs for $505...total cost was $ 585 when all was said and done.

VIP Member
    That's why I love trolling some nights. Since I'm not proficient on ebay or Gunbroker...this was good info in case I bid on something at either site. Thanks, all!
    S&W M&P Full Size 9mm - Little FoxX IWB
    S&W Shield 9mm - FoxX Trapp
    Ruger 10/22 Takedown
    NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member
    Don't let the high post count fool you...I'm just part of the welcoming committee.

Links