I got some 9mm ammo !!!

I got some 9mm ammo !!!

This is a discussion on I got some 9mm ammo !!! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Finally , i found some 9mm .. Its Tulammo 9mm and I dont typically buy this stuff, but Ill give it a shot since I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: I got some 9mm ammo !!!

I got some 9mm ammo !!!

Finally , i found some 9mm .. Its Tulammo 9mm and I dont typically buy this stuff, but Ill give it a shot since I havent seen a box of 9mm around here in about a month . i walked into my local walmart and I saw 4 boxes on the shelf. I bought 3 of them and left .. Any feedback on Tulammo ? Thanks

SBB
    MJClark likes this.
    CHEF ON BOARD

RUGER SR9c

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    Not familiar with Tulammo, just glad you found a few rounds of 9mm. Tough going here too.
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c
    Favorite Firearm: 1968 SW .357 Revolver

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar

I got some 9mm ammo !!!

Steel cased. Make sure the range allows it.

I got some 9mm ammo !!!

I've read bad things about TulAmmo, that's its dirty. I bought a box last fall at Walmart to try it and my XDsc fired it without a single problem. Personally, I'd buy it again (if I could find it or anything at Walmart for that matter!)

A guy i've known for a few yrs,has worked for walmart for 8 yrs.He only hunts and has a bow,but no handguns.He told me,he found out, that at 2 walmarts,that alot of 9mil ammo,never makes it to the shelf, because some employees and family members are buying it,ugh.That really sucks.

Re: I got some 9mm ammo !!!

I shot 100 rounds of Tulammo .40 this weekend at the range, not a single hiccup with my SR40c

(Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2)
    -Nick-

Mine: Springfield XD45 Compact
    Hers: Springfield XD40 Subcompact

My friend who got me into shooting (Also big Ruger fan) Loves to use TulAmmo on the range. Guess just afterward clean the gun. Ran his Tul through my SR40C no problems.

It's really dirty. Be prepared for a few failure to feeds and ejects after 150 or so rounds in one session. Fun for plinking tho as long as you don't mind cleaning thuroughly.

VIP Member
    It really depends on your gun. Tula is not the cleanest ammo on the market, and as mentioned it is steel cased. My Kahr CW45 refuses to function with it. Fires the first round, then locks tight as a drum. Once you get it cycled through, it's the same thing, fires once and locks up. Never had a problem with any other brand ammo. My 1911 eats it fine, and I've use Tula 9mm and .40 without problems.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Well I picked up 3 boxes anyway just because I cant find any anywhere.. Ill just stash it away until I need it .... And if a BG comes through the door , BANG
    CHEF ON BOARD

RUGER SR9c

It is dirty. My sons xdsc eats it well. But my m&p9c has light primer strikes with it. So it depends on the gun. Try it in yours and if it works well shoot it.

I've shot around 500 rounds of the stuff in 9mm and around 1000 or so in .223.
    No issues other than it's dirty and a dud here and there.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy it at pre-crazy pricing.

I've had to delve into Tula 9mm also lately out of pure necessity, it burns dirty, is inaccurate, smoky, and smells like burning garbage. That said, it does work, and if your gun is on that will handle anything then you are fine, watch your extractor though and the lacquer coating they put on the steel case can get gummy over time and build up.

Distinguished Member
    I go back and forth on wether I am ok with steel cased ammo or not. One thing I know for sure, the ONLY ammo I've EVER really had problems with is steel cased ammo, tula in particular. I've had it fail to eject on a couple of guns, when brass or anything else will function flawlessly. But at the same time, I've used it as a measuring stick as to wether or not a gun will truly "eat anything".
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

ive gotten tulammo also in 9mm and my sigma 9mm shot it good with no jams. have shot about 150 200 rounds of it and worked fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links