I need to know the differences in ammo

This is a discussion on I need to know the differences in ammo within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; HST ? FMJ ? tactical ? Im just looking for some target ammo... can you shoot HST at the range ? or should you stick ...

Thread: I need to know the differences in ammo

I need to know the differences in ammo

HST ? FMJ ? tactical ? Im just looking for some target ammo... can you shoot HST at the range ? or should you stick with FMJ ?
    CHEF ON BOARD

RUGER SR9c

2. Remove Ads

Shoot FMJ ( Full Metal Jacket) HST is defense ammo and is very expensive to shoot for fun........ unless you really want to. Grab 2 boxes of hst... a bunch of FMJ for practice ( Match FMJ bullet weight to that of the HST) Go shoot paper, then shoot a box of HST to make sure it functions properly in your weapon and keep the other box for HD/SD.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

I would love to shoot FMJ at the range.. Problem is I cant find any ANYWHERE... HST is all I can find , and its expensive... does anyone know where I can pick up some 9mm FMJ ?
    CHEF ON BOARD

RUGER SR9c

We all are asking the same question... I havent bought FMJ since dec

VIP Member
    We can shoot just about anything at the range ( except tracers )
    In a perfect world you would purchase a bunch of it, shoot it thru a crony and see how it impacts on the target at the distance you desire. Now I guess you read up on it on the internet.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

You can shoot tracer rounds at the indoor range. But you'll probably burn it down like the idiot (in Texas I think) did.

Good luck on finding any FMJ 9mm ammo. It is scarce lately. Now is a bad time for those just getting into guns or those that didn't stock up. I'm glad I followed the Boy Scout motto, the only problem is that I'm afraid to deplete my supply not knowing when or how much it will be to replace it.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Links