This is a discussion on Truisms .... the younger folks need to know about Older people within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Things to always remember about older people : * remember, the threat of "life in prison" may be a short term thing for them, and ...
Things to always remember about older people :
* remember, the threat of "life in prison" may be a short term thing for them, and they get free laundry service, don't have to go shopping, meals they don't have too cook, better medical care and they don't have to listen to the ole lady nag any more after 50 yrs.
* if they have a revolver, it means they've been shooting for a long time, don't test their ability to use it nor their marksmanship.
* Older people have a lower tolerance level, they have been putting up with crap for numerous years ....... they've passed their maximum alloted level and don't intend to put up with much more.
* Older people, love kids..... because they make your life miserable and theirs tolerable, and it's entertaining to watch you trying to manage them without having any clue what you are doing. '
* Older people and kids have a lot in common .... they aren't trying to advance their career, aren't thinking about what job or house they want in the future, and only want to get the most out of today that they can.
* Don't get in a fight with an older person, they don't have the endurance they used to have, which is not an advantage for you. It means they won't mess around.... they'll just put you into an unconscious state with the minimal amount of effort and in the shortest amount of time.
* Remember, some day you'll be older too ...... treat them with the same care and respect you want to be treated when you get there, and listen...... after they are gone, you will wish you had.
Any other "truisms" out there ?
I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."
weekend pre-apocolypse nomadic warrior, leather duster and all.
If you see an old guy wearing a "Zero Tolerance" T-shirt, leave him alone. He's not talking about some 3rd grader acting up in school.
Give to them according to their deeds and according to the wickedness of their endeavors; give to them according to the work of their hands; render to them their deserts. Psalm 28:4
If a guy is too old to fight and too slow to run, he'll just shoot you.
Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.
I like em' because...
I resemble those remarks...
Proverbs 27:12 says: “The prudent see danger and take refuge, but the simple keep going and suffer for it.”
Certified Glock Armorer
NRA Life Member
Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill every time.
Memphis -- No. 2 on the list of most crime ridden cities in America. Working on being No. 1 but we just can't catch Detroit.
1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
US Army 1973-1977, 95B
All true. Patience is a virtue and I lost my virtue a long, long time ago
"A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013
First rate stuff, Eagle. If I've survived this long, I can sure as heck make it awhile longer. It's called experience.
NRA Life Member
Experience is what you get from doing stupid things when you were young!
This is a most important thing young thugs need to consider. Even if it isn't technically a righteous shoot,
'so what yah gonna do about it?' Sentence a 75 y.o. with congestive heart failure, kidney disease and
diabetes to life? Hah!!!!! Not much a threat of deterrent there.
I still think we old boys would make awesome soldiers. Not much to lose and maybe something to gain.
If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
To semi quote a movie Mister I been in a bad mood for a couple of years so why dont you just leave me alone " Kinda sums it up for us old folks
You dont have to believe a train is coming. Itll run over you anyway.