Taurus TCP 380 Question.

This is a discussion on Taurus TCP 380 Question. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have just bought a new Taurus TCP 380 but have not shot it yet due to the fact that several people have told me ...

Thread: Taurus TCP 380 Question.

Taurus TCP 380 Question.

I have just bought a new Taurus TCP 380 but have not shot it yet due to the fact that several people have told me that there is an issue with this gun. The issue reported is that the pin that holds the upper and lower isn't long enough and sometimes will allow it to seperate when shooting. This could be a bad situation. Does anyone know of this? how true? and What should I do next? Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Not to knock your gun but i have only bought one Taurus and it was a jam- o- matic. I bought my daughter a TCP 380 no pins fell out probably because it would not fire three rounds in row without a failure. Returned it to Taurus and Three weeks later it was returned. Same problem encountered on the next range trip and I traded it the same day for a LCP.

I would call Taurus and question them. Please to give us a range report on yours.....
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

I have a TCP. Like most small semi-auto's, there is a break in period and they are finicky on ammo. Once you have that figured out, they are great. I like the TCP over the LCP as it has Last Round Hold Open.

I have never heard of an issue where the take down pin drops out. I suppose it is possible if you don't push it all the way in. When you assemble it, there is a distinctive "click" when the pin is all the way in. It is a bit of a pain to put back together but it gets easier.

I put a Crimson Trace laser on it and, with practice, I can shred a business card at 7 yards. They are not fun guns to shoot but it is my primary carry since it virtually disappears in the pocket.

For men, the best target ammo is PMC and best Self-Defense ammo is Hornady YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by thoricuncle View Post

For men, the best target ammo is PMC and best Self-Defense ammo is Hornady YMMV
    Yes I shoot the Hornady in my BodyGuard. I just couldn't pass the Taurus up, I got it for 175.99. a lot cheaper than my bodyguard. But I have never shot it and actually thought about selling it, to put on my XDS.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Links