Child Disciplined at school over a photo of an airsoft gun.

This is a discussion on Child Disciplined at school over a photo of an airsoft gun. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; ?Teacher Threatened Police Arrest And My Son?s Mental Sanity Over A Photo of Him With A Pellet Gun? ? Parent...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Child Disciplined at school over a photo of an airsoft gun.

2. Remove Ads

This is getting absolutely stupid!!!!!! I'm waiting for the first school to get sued for the treatment of one of these students. Then maybe this will stop!

Can you say witch hunt. I wouldn't be surprised if the next move is to ban the word gun.
    Jeanlouise and msgt/ret like this.

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    The school board should be pressured to relieve these "educators" of their jobs. If that doesn't work then yes, by all means he should sue the teacher, the principle, vice-principle, and maybe the school board. Those people behaved atrociously. As the father said in the interview, if they really believed the kid was a danger they should have contacted the police. The fact that none of them did puts the lie to their statements.

I'd get an attorney and file a civil lawsuit against the teacher and the school. The phone itself is more dangerous than a picture, and that's only if he beat someone over the head with it.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

So are y'all reading this story as "fact"? Hmmm...interesting. Because none of those photos are of a boy with his new bb gun. And the story switches the words "bb gun" and "pellet gun" so many times that it makes me question the credibility of the writer. And you're telling me that a high school boy remembers word-for-word the quote from the teacher? As an educator myself, I guarantee that most high school boys could not remember a conversation verbatim that occurred 20 min. prior, much less early in the school day.

Now, I'm not saying that this incident didn't happen. What I am saying is that this is a sensationalist over-telling dramatic re-telling meant to garner the exact reaction y'all are having. It's pro-gun propaganda, which I'm all for when done in an intelligent way, which is not the case here.

So again, I'll ask, "Do y'all believe this is fact?" Hmmm....interesting.

Yup....this is Obama's Gun Plan......anything that looks like a gun, a pic, your fingers and your banned.....same as cigarette campaign......this type of dangerous behavior by our schools is unconsitiutional and shouild be banned immediately, IMO.....violatiing our 1A.

Well, actually, First Amendment rights end where the school zone begins, for many, many reasons. And again, I'm sure this is not the whole story, or even an accurate version of one side's story. Did you ever consider Mr. Conservative might be a bit like The Onion, as in not a reliable place to get your "news"?

Makes no difference.....when they can suspend a kid for tearing the corner out of a piece a paper and turning it on it's side.....it's just out of control.....and yes it violates our 1A in my opinion.

...who says our First Amendment rights end where the school zone begins??? thinking like that is what got us to this place!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by tele_pathic View Post
    Well, actually, First Amendment rights end where the school zone begins, for many, many reasons. And again, I'm sure this is not the whole story, or even an accurate version of one side's story. Did you ever consider Mr. Conservative might be a bit like The Onion, as in not a reliable place to get your "news"?
    phreddy and MasterGadgets like this.

Well, there are dozens and dozens of court cases that don't share your opinion. But think about the ramifications of allowing students to say whatever they want whenever they want restricted only by 1A rights. Students' "rights" should be and must be restricted in order to ensure a productive learning environment for all students.

...I'd love to read a couple of court cases that state that our First Amendment rights end where the school zone begins..."my opinion" is the law of the land...I'm interested in what they've done to ignore it...could you post a couple of the "dozens and dozens", please? I say again...it's thinking like that that's gotten us here...my 3 sons finally made it through the public education system...they wrote papers about and discussed gun topics in class...told of their hobbies and shooting outings...of course, we ARE in Texas...
    Well, there are dozens and dozens of court cases that don't share your opinion. But think about the ramifications of allowing students to say whatever they want whenever they want restricted only by 1A rights. Students' "rights" should be and must be restricted in order to ensure a productive learning environment for all students.

Snub, I'm not saying students shouldn't be allowed to write essays about gun control or gun rights or about their hobbies, whatever they may be. That's not what the OP was originally posting about. And others were responding as if this story were true, blindly believing anything that's on the interwebz. They were lambasting educators and administrators, jumping to conclusions about the "facts" they read in this "news story." I was providing a word of caution, pointing out that this incident might have taken place, but then again it might not have. And who knows why this kid was disciplined?

I'll be happy to post some court cases for your reading pleasure. Hit subscribe.

VIP Member
    So are y'all reading this story as "fact"? Hmmm...interesting. Because none of those photos are of a boy with his new bb gun. And the story switches the words "bb gun" and "pellet gun" so many times that it makes me question the credibility of the writer. And you're telling me that a high school boy remembers word-for-word the quote from the teacher? As an educator myself, I guarantee that most high school boys could not remember a conversation verbatim that occurred 20 min. prior, much less early in the school day.

Now, I'm not saying that this incident didn't happen. What I am saying is that this is a sensationalist over-telling dramatic re-telling meant to garner the exact reaction y'all are having. It's pro-gun propaganda, which I'm all for when done in an intelligent way, which is not the case here.

So again, I'll ask, "Do y'all believe this is fact?" Hmmm....interesting.
    Evidently the Principal and Vice Principal thought it happened or they wouldn't have done this:

rather than apologizing for violating the privacy of Phillips’ son and for humiliating him in front of his classmates, the vice principal offered the school’s total defense to its employee’s conduct, telling Phillips that DeLarme had acted appropriately to “secure the safety of the 3,000 students and the 250 faculty members at the school.

Given the recent absurd incidents having to do with guns...err...toaster pastries...never mind, they're the same thing...I believe this happened as reported.

If I read tomorrow it was a complete fabrication, I'll reevaluate.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Senior Moderator
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links