DHS 4.5 million dollar contract with H&K

DHS 4.5 million dollar contract with H&K

This is a discussion on DHS 4.5 million dollar contract with H&K within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; DHS Signs $4.5 Million Dollar Contract With Heckler & Koch Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!...

Like Tree14Likes
  • 6 Post By DesignDawg
  • 4 Post By KBSR
  • 1 Post By blitzburgh
  • 1 Post By BAC
  • 1 Post By KBSR
  • 1 Post By BAC

Thread: DHS 4.5 million dollar contract with H&K

Well, they're H&K, so that's what, like 500 guns, tops?

Another non-story, designed to inflame the gullible amongst us. Because the contracts say X number of units, it really means "up to that many". H&K MP5's are expensive for anyone to buy, but there isn't a better submachine gun out there, IMHO.

Love the platform, and wish I could afford one for my own personal use.
    Rollo, PAPADALE1, onacoma and 1 others like this.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

Sure wish I could own one too.. one can dream.

Not clicking, I can't take anymore Alex Jones.
    ctr likes this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Shot an MP5 K on sunday...yup the real deal my buddy paid $3500 for it back in the early 80's first select fire gun he bought,I just replaced the extractor and spring and disassembled and cleaned the bolt group since he was having FTE problems once I stripped the bolt I asked him if he had ever had it apart in the last 30 years,he said no and I said I believe you.,runs like a sewing machine now
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Personal Defense Weapons, right?

The DHS bid for 7,000 full-auto assault weapons is found by clicking here. The original credit for discovering this goes, to my best knowledge, to Awr Hawkins at Breitbart.com.

The juiciest part of this bid is the use of the phrase "Personal Defense Weapons" to describe the full-auto AR-15s being purchased by DHS.

Apparently, when YOU hold an AR-15, it's an "assault rifle." But magically, if you hand that same rifle to an armed government homeland security enforcer, it instantly transforms itself into a "personal defense weapon."

The request for bid actually says:

DHS and its components have a requirement for a 5.56x45mm NATO, select-fire firearm suitable for personal defense use in close quarters and / or when maximum concealment is required.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

BAC
    Quote Originally Posted by KBSR View Post
    Another non-story, designed to inflame the gullible amongst us. Because the contracts say X number of units, it really means "up to that many". H&K MP5's are expensive for anyone to buy, but there isn't a better submachine gun out there, IMHO.

Love the platform, and wish I could afford one for my own personal use.
    Why on earth would you willingly choose a 9mm rifle-sized firearm over a .223 rifle-sized firearm? With advances in modern ammunition, I'm just not seeing the utility of a submachine gun.
    AR15VSCoyote likes this.
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009. You will be missed.

Defensive Carry Search Tips

Step 1 - Choose a subforum on right side under "Search in Forum(s)"
    Step 2 - Type general topic of interest in "Search by Keyword" textbox.
    Step 3 - Read results and refine/repeat as necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    Why on earth would you willingly choose a 9mm rifle-sized firearm over a .223 rifle-sized firearm? With advances in modern ammunition, I'm just not seeing the utility of a submachine gun.
    Have you ever shot an H&K MP5? There are CQB applications wherein they are the preferred weapon, for many law enforcement agencies, as well as our wonderful U.S. Navy SEAL teams. Followup shots, and/or bursts are so easy to control you wouldn't believe it. I've seen shooters unfamiliar with the platform, start in the morning, and by lunch time or a little later, be able to hold 3 round bursts in a 6" pie plate, while moving, without nary a miss.

You might be able to accomplish this with a M4 carbine, but lots of shooters couldn't. In fact, I'd be willing to bet a dollar to a donut, that if two shooters went through the same course of fire (CQB), the MP5 equipped shooter would shoot the course cleaner, and faster than could the shooter equipped with a .223. It's that much better IMHO.

Be safe.
    AR15VSCoyote likes this.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

BAC
    I have sir, though very little and not full auto. Maybe I lack experience with the system, but as I recall mag changes suck, overall length is the same as an SBR AR15, and effect on target is going to be much better with a .223/5.56 than with a hot 9mm. The SD model is the most practical sub gun that comes to mind (only heard but never shot one), but it's only a 6"-ish barrel with a long suppressor; basically a heavy and oversized pistol with similar OAL to a 10.5" AR with micro suppressor (Surefire, AAC, Tac Ops, and Ops Inc all make them).

Still, I really like the idea of taking a few brand new shooters through an MP5 vs SBR AR class and testing proficiency at the end of the day.
    KBSR likes this.
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009. You will be missed.

Defensive Carry Search Tips

Step 1 - Choose a subforum on right side under "Search in Forum(s)"
    Step 2 - Type general topic of interest in "Search by Keyword" textbox.
    Step 3 - Read results and refine/repeat as necessary.

Alex Jones, InfoWars really?? That guy is a batshit wacko with zero credibility. Even if a story he "reports" is true no one rational can take it seriously. Every time he opens his mouth he sets all of us back.

If the DHS would just slow down their weapons and ammo buying there might not be such a shortage for the rest of us.

Sponsored Links