Ky sb 129

This is a discussion on Ky sb 129 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I posted on fb a link from a friend that reads: On February 27,2013 the Kentucky State Senate passed "SB 129", declareing any new Obama ...

Thread: Ky sb 129

Ky sb 129

I posted on fb a link from a friend that reads:
    On February 27,2013 the Kentucky State Senate passed "SB 129", declareing any new Obama gun Laws unconstitutional and void. SB 129 prohibits any federal agents from enforcing such laws and makes it a crime for them to do so. Obama, Welcome to Kentucky.

Which one of my very liberal friends who I only have to learn what the other side is thinking and plotting responds with, "Federal law supersedes state law, that war has already been fought. the ky sb isn't worth the paper it's printed on.

I respond with, "A law to uphold the Constitution may be worth fighting for again."

Now that I have resisted the urge to not del that person what are some of your thoughts on this issue? As a school teacher I'm open to all thoughts and opinions and will respect all and their comments. Thanks.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

2. Remove Ads

I am with you. At some point a populace unwilling to disarm will create some serious tension between the states and the federal government. Hopefully it will be solved by a re-recognition of the 2A as it was intended, but perhaps not.
    "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." ~ P. J. O'Rourke

Amen to both of you.

My thoughts are that your friend is right. Federal law supersedes state law. That being said, It's going to take a LOT more than is going on right now to make me ever take up arms against my government.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

@ Rollo, I agree with her, as an educator, I am very aware of how the system is set up, I am very big on states rights, the ones we lose everyday to big brother...However many do seem to forget that the Constitution of the United States is a living, breathing Doc. That states if our Government is broken and not working for the people then the people have the right do away with that governement and replace it with one that does work. However, many people today see a good Government as one that will provide the most handouts to people. I by no means, was trying to suggest we start a new civil war, however I'm afraid that the direction the compus is pointing my be leading our great nation into something we could never forsee.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Links