Just bought a VEPR in .308 and need help customizing it.

This is a discussion on Just bought a VEPR in .308 and need help customizing it. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So I just ordered a .308 from K-VAR and 3 mags from Promag and Csspecs, but I need help with finding a quality adapter to ...

Thread: Just bought a VEPR in .308 and need help customizing it.

Just bought a VEPR in .308 and need help customizing it.

So I just ordered a .308 from K-VAR and 3 mags from Promag and Csspecs, but I need help with finding a quality adapter to get rid of the slanted receiver, a good stock, pistol grip, and hopefully a forend with rails or at least a decent polymer one. I don't think the .308's need a bullet guide? Are there better magazine options? Unfortunately the straight backed, 20" barrel with a threaded muzzle and integrated sights is $1,200, so I had to settle in fear of incoming bans on future imports. Much thanks for any feedback.

2. Remove Ads

Any advice?

I recently converted a Saiga .308 with great results and went with inexpensive Tapco parts because that's all I could find at the time. I would think that most of the parts that will work on a Saiga could work with a bit of fitting on a VEPR. Maybe call these guys to see if someone can help you out.
    carolinashooterssupply.com Home Page
    "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." ~ P. J. O'Rourke

Links