First impressions M&P 22 pistol

This is a discussion on First impressions M&P 22 pistol within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Picked up a Smith and Wesson M&P 22 pistol today. I had been wanting one to compliment my full size .40 cal. Over all the ...

Thread: First impressions M&P 22 pistol

Lead Moderator

Picked up a Smith and Wesson M&P 22 pistol today. I had been wanting one to compliment my full size .40 cal. Over all the gun feels really close to the same as my full size right down to the same functions (slide release , safety, ect). The finish isn't too bad , however the slide appears to be a light (zinc?) type metal and feels light. I noticed Walther makes the gun and it seems similar to the p22 my friend once owned.
    The sights are not too bad, and are adjustable for wind age and elevation. I did notice they omitted the rear white dots, something I may add myself later. Out of the box it shot slightly high at 7 yards. I shot about 90 rounds informally to see how the gun functioned with federal 550 bulk .22 ammo. I experienced one fail to fire and three fail to feed. Will see how it works once broken in.
    Overall I am pleased with how well the gun works and feels , as I got this to help practice / train and it feels close to the same as the full size.
    Attached Images
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Re: First impressions M&P 22 pistol

Nice! I just held one for the first time today. It's pretty sweet! Congrats on the new toy!

In God and Glock we Trust

I had the same problems with the Federal. Try CCI or any of the high velocity ammo if you can find it. That's what made mine work the best.

Congrats on a fun gun though. It's a comfortable and a blast, not to mention the threaded barrel is a plus!

I got one and I like it,downside it only came with one mag and spares are as elusive as Bigfoot
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Got to shoot my buddy's a few weeks ago and really liked it. Was flawless with the 100 or so rounds I put through it and he said he hasn't had any malfunctions yet. Not sure what he shoots through it though. Good pick up!
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

That has got to be a breeze to shoot! Never shot a .22 lr pistol but know I NEED one! Enjoy, looks cool with all those little holes.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Sponsored Links