duracoating?

This is a discussion on duracoating? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; im thinking about getting my g21 duracoated by t&z armory later this month was wondering if any on has had it done? do you like ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By HardBall
  • 1 Post By kb2wji
  • 1 Post By Richard58
  • 1 Post By gallardo.g23

Thread: duracoating?

duracoating?

im thinking about getting my g21 duracoated by t&z armory later this month was wondering if any on has had it done? do you like it and does it hold up good? any feedback would be appreciated thank you

2. Remove Ads

Cerakote is a much more durable finish.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

I've been researching duracoat vs. cerakote lately. Bought a Para Ordnance, so the finish will likely turn to vapor in the coming months Through internet research (for whatever thats worth LOL) I have found that Cerakote holds up a little better. I have no personal experience with either, so I'm only basing this on internet stories. I'll probably go Cerakote for that reason alone. Just seems to be more "good" stories about it. Let us know how you make out either way though.

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    love my para 1911 no problem with finsh but it's stainless
    Para 1911 small.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by kb2wji View Post
    I've been researching duracoat vs. cerakote lately. Bought a Para Ordnance, so the finish will likely turn to vapor in the coming months Through internet research (for whatever thats worth LOL) I have found that Cerakote holds up a little better. I have no personal experience with either, so I'm only basing this on internet stories. I'll probably go Cerakote for that reason alone. Just seems to be more "good" stories about it. Let us know how you make out either way though.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

Yeah the stainless Para's are the way to go. I found a smoking deal on an older model never fired LDA...black slide, green frame... First week of holster use and the finish is already coming off. It's sweet looking now, but I know it'll look 100 years old in another couple months. I'll be sticking around in this thread to see how the OP makes out.

T&Z Armory Duracoated my G23, there a first class operation and go the extra mile to be sure your satisfied.
    I would use them again

atctimmy, miller_man and kb2wji like this.
    My EDC G27 gen. 4
    Favorite range gun G23 gen. 3

NRA Life Member

Re: duracoating?

Wow that looks really nice....original, i like it

sent using tapatypo
    HardBall likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBall View Post
    T&Z Armory Duracoated my G23, there a first class operation and go the extra mile to be sure your satisfied.
    I would use them again

Sharp looking Glock you have there. I would never let that go.
    HardBall likes this.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I DuraCoated my CZ-82 as a project. It's held up well after many rounds, other than the tip of the extractor that I should have left undone. Like any "coating" it's a paint and subject to wear. How well it turns out is all in the preparation, and if you want a "professional" look, unless you're experienced with painting prep and airbrushing, have it done professionally.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I've had my Kimber Ultra Raptor II treated by Wally Birdsong and Sons (I believe it is), in Mississippi, and I love it. It's not a paint job, but a metal treatment that eliminates rust from the equation. They apply their patented Black T finish to every metal part of the weapon, making it impervious to rust and corrosion. Our U.S. Navy SEALS use it, and that's good enough for me. The Black T is available in some colors too, if that's what you're looking for.

They charged me less than a hundred dollars to do the weapon and two mags, and got it back to me in a couple of weeks. Couldn't be happier with it.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    I got a really rough Mossberg 500 recently as a project gun. I plan on ordering some duracoat soon and attempting it for my first time. Just doing the research so I know what I'm getting myself into and try to make the learning curve as painless as possible. I'll let you know how it goes.

I have used cerakote and love it. Had my 1911 done in two tone

that glock does look good. im gona do the frame semi black, and the slide, trigger mag release button and mags will be woodland tan
    HardBall likes this.

I've done 30+ guns with duracoat, for myself and for others. It works and it holds up quite well. If you oven cure the Duracoat it is nearly permanent as a finish.
    "What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

After seeing your Glock my G21 looks like it needs an upgrade.
    Psalm 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle.

Romans 13:4
    But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer.

Links