Maryland Tactics

This is a discussion on Maryland Tactics within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Anyone from the state of my birth wish to comment on this: grass roots effort to get conservative or pro-gun voters to register as Democrats ...

Thread: Maryland Tactics

Maryland Tactics

Anyone from the state of my birth wish to comment on this: grass roots effort to get conservative or pro-gun voters to register as Democrats so as to unseat anti-gun incumbents?

SoMdNews.com: Party switch could be new weapon for Maryland gun rights supporters

Thanks.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    While you are at it, please take back Nancy Pelosi.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

It sounds a little crazy but my father had me register as a Democrat when I got out of college just for that reason.
    That was a few years ago. At least 6. I am 66 now. People have thought that way for a long time not just recently.
    Ted

S&W9c w/RMR Red Dot, XDS, Wilson X-TAC Compact & ULC Compact
    STI HP Edge 40, STI Trojan 9mm

NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    long ago i joined the San Diego Sierra Club to gather intel for the off-roading coalition. Amazing what gas hogs those greenies drove to the meetings. Lots of dumb girls there too, BONUS!
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by CPO 15 View Post
    Anyone from the state of my birth wish to comment on this: grass roots effort to get conservative or pro-gun voters to register as Democrats so as to unseat anti-gun incumbents?

SoMdNews.com: Party switch could be new weapon for Maryland gun rights supporters

Thanks.
    Not sure what kind of comment you are expecting on the DINO (Democrat In Name Only) movement. It does have some valid points though. Most of the Antis in the legislature are long time incumbents, and have been impossible to unseat in a general election. It has been noticed that due to (over) confidence (?) there is usually a light turn out for the primaries, the winner being picked by <500 votes.

The idea is that as registered Democrats DINO members can at least try and get rid of the worst Antis in the primary election, and still vote whatever they wish to in the general elections.

Just think about it... Could work.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Links