Taking a break

This is a discussion on Taking a break within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Ruger sent me a new Vaquero after my old one was irreparable. The finish isn't as slick as I like it . I forgot how ...

Thread: Taking a break

Taking a break

Ruger sent me a new Vaquero after my old one was irreparable. The finish isn't as slick as I like it . I forgot how much time I put in on my old one. Been sanding with 2000 grit since I got it on Tuesday after I cleaned the factory gunk off of it & got a good look at the finish.
    I.have been working on my P89 when I get bored or can't go shoot.. Just sanding down the sharp edges a little & smoothing up the rails makes a huge difference in overall performance. She's pretty dang smooth now when
    I rack the slide. I can feel a lot of difference in the speed of the cycle when I fire it. The Vaquero is more cosmetic than functional. I do need to hit a couple of spots on the gate a lick or two with a file & get it fitting a little better.
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds dearly the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

2. Remove Ads

Links