Problems with my .40S&W SD D:

This is a discussion on Problems with my .40S&W SD D: within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I took my S&W SD to the range yesterday, brand new never fired. I ran a box of 50rds. Federal 165gr. FMJ's through it had ...

Thread: Problems with my .40S&W SD D:

Unhappy Problems with my .40S&W SD D:

I took my S&W SD to the range yesterday, brand new never fired. I ran a box of 50rds. Federal 165gr. FMJ's through it had no problems so far as FTF's or FTE's but when I looked at the bullet casings they were crimped at the rim :( in which there was over exspansion & the rds. weren't coming flush with the bore. there was nothing wrong with the ejector either, D: I'm not sure what's causing it but it's making the gun very unsafe to shoot & if it continue's to do so I'm gonna sell it & buy a Glock. 23/19 Any idea's what can be causing it?? O I also put a box of Winchester 155gr. JHP's through it 30rds. & it still had the same problem.

2. Remove Ads

Make sure you clean and lube it before firing brand new out of the box. If that doesn't solve your problem I would call Customer Service because S&W CS is top notch.

Picture of the casing would help.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Yea I just cleaned it a hour ago :p & yea I'll get a pic up of the casings. ;)

Casing pics.

Pictures of the bullet casings. :/

Album 2 021.jpgAlbum 2 022.jpgAlbum 2 023.jpg

I've seen numerous cases like that IMHO it's due to unsupported chambers ,I have to sort them out before reloading brass I' have a friend his Taurus 92 had the same problem,and seem to find about 5% of range cases have the bulge
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links