My Brand New Glock 19 Gen 4 cracks apart after 10 rounds

This is a discussion on My Brand New Glock 19 Gen 4 cracks apart after 10 rounds within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So much for reliability and perfection. I bought a new Glock 19 Gen 4 this morning at Safe Shot Reno (a glock dealer) NV. I ...

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: My Brand New Glock 19 Gen 4 cracks apart after 10 rounds

So much for reliability and perfection. I bought a new Glock 19 Gen 4 this morning at Safe Shot Reno (a glock dealer) NV. I paid $740 with tax. I knew it was a bit high, but i figured I was safer buying from a dealer and not off the internet and they had one in stock. I walked downstairs to the range and it jammed on the 10th round. Hmmm. Cleared it and it jammed again. At this point I called the salesman down and when he took the slide off a piece fell out. I had to show him as he didn't even see it. They don't offer refunds or returns so I am stuck with it. I feel like a sucker.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this? I sure hope Glock can sort this out quickly without weeks of ********. I was wondering why the gun wasn't displayed and when I asked the guy said "oh I got one in the back" I hate to think that they scammed me but I am pissed and dismayed by the whole experience. On top of that they even charged me $26 for the 12 rounds I shot at their range. Unbelievable. I took the gun, and want to sort this ASAP. I left a message at customer service in GA, sent an email, and will call again tomorrow. I'm assuming they will want it returned and I'll have to wait weeks for this to be sorted which really sucks. Does anyone have any advice?

broke.jpg

Dont worry. 9mm wont be available any time soon, so you have time to get it fixed

Never saw anything like it.

Dealer SHOULD Ship to Ga for you,,JMO ; )
    H/D
    Crescentstar likes this.
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

So the gun was just a few minutes old and it broke where you bought it and they won't do anything for you? I'm in reno also but never have been to Safe Shot

I'd hand it back to him for a full refund and select something else. That would cause complete lack of confidence with that incident always on the back of my mind.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

I don't think that was a new Glock from that picture, unless they had a bad gun slip through quality control. . I have probably 3k+ through my duty G21 without issue.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Ever considered a cap and ball revolver? All you'll need to shoot it is some Blackpowder, percussion caps, round lead balls (get a ball mold to cast your own) and some good grease like Crisco.
    --------------

You could report Safe Shot Reno to the BBB. Sounds to me like you got scammed.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Lead Moderator
    Well that sucks. Hope Glock gets it fixed for you shortly . Most gun stores have a display out and more guns in the back to sell, probably nothing sinister about that. Looks as if you happened to get a lemon. Not sure how the pic shows it was broke before shooting it.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

...the retailer is clearly shirking his responsibility to the customer...and it should cost him a lot of business...keep telling...I'm sure Glock will end up making it right...any brand can have a problem, any reputable retailer will do all he can to help you resolve it...don't lose heart...I buy nothing but used handguns...you might check some pawn/used gun dealers there...that money would have bought you a good, well-trained gun and a lot of ammo...assuming you could find the ammo...I'd go to the trouble to file a BBB complaint against the dealer...
    Hopyard and bigmacque like this.

VIP Member
    I think you might have been scammed too. You were on their range with a brand new purchase. A legit
    seller would want to try to keep some sort of good reputation. Even if they had to eat the cost, their cost and
    your cost are two different things.

I don't know if it is possible to check the serial number
    to see if it was previously owned or the warranty was previously registered with Glock. If it is possible to check, I'd do that.

See what G says, but if both of them won't help you, I'd spend whatever the filing fee at
    your small claims court costs and also contact BBB (though they probably won't help.) Either or both may have some
    sort of mediation service or arbitration service where you can get the thing worked out without much cost to
    you.
    shooterX, bigmacque and MrsHB like this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

re-thinking my first flush of anger...I would have a sit-down with the owner first...it's very possible that the man who worked to build the business will see more clearly than a clerk at the counter...you might make a friend...

Senior Member Array StripesDude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mulle46 View Post
    I don't think that was a new Glock from that picture, unless they had a bad gun slip through quality control. . I have probably 3k+ through my duty G21 without issue.
    Yeah, that's not a new gun. Way too much wear. The previous owner didn't oil it either. Have seen many disassembled, and none look like that - even with thousands of rounds fired through them.
    Tzadik, GhostMaker and CIBMike like this.

First, the having display guns and desperate guns in back is a pretty common practice in mid to large size stores. I actually prefer it, that way yahoos aren't doing stupid things with my gun before I buy it. Especially revolvers since just a couple gun store commandos slamming the cylinder shut like they do in action movies can knock it out of timing, but semis too. I just make sure I give any pistol I buy a thorough going over before I pay for it.

Glock should make it right, it would be better if the store did, but guns are generally not returnable. If they get guns through Davidsons (there would be a slip with it) they warranty the guns they sell too.

Out of curiosity, what ammo were you shooting out of it?
    Also, do you have a picture of the finish on the barrel?
    Bark'n likes this.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by nvwaterfowler View Post
    So the gun was just a few minutes old and it broke where you bought it and they won't do anything for you? I'm in reno also but never have been to Safe Shot
    Yep

...if you bought it on credit card...don't you have the right to return it and kill the sale???

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links