Help with pricing on used M&P 15-22

This is a discussion on Help with pricing on used M&P 15-22 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; A place has a used M&P 15-22 for sale, I'd like to have one just to plink around with (when ammo comes around again!). The ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By whoppo

Thread: Help with pricing on used M&P 15-22

Help with pricing on used M&P 15-22

A place has a used M&P 15-22 for sale, I'd like to have one just to plink around with (when ammo comes around again!). The price they are asking seems a bit on the high side but I don't have a clue on real world pricing of the gun along with the following extras:

Digicam tactical case (I'm thinking this is a typo or something, Google's never heard of a digicam case for a gun)
    3 25 rd mags
    1 10 rd mag
    Midwest Industries QD single point attachment
    Single point sling
    Folding foregrip
    Scope riser
    Magpul buis
    Additional rail section in front of barrel

They are asking $550, which I think is on the high side but the extras throw me off.
    Concealed means hidden from ordinary observation so as to prevent disclosure or recognition. A deadly weapon is concealed when it is carried on or about the person in such a manner that another person in the ordinary course of events would not be placed on notice that the weapon was being carried.

2. Remove Ads

Any idea on how many rds are thru it? Up here I have seen them for about $479 new. Sounds like its not to bad of a deal

Lead Moderator
    May be a fair enough price depending on condition of gun and accessories. With spare mags and such included does sweeten the deal. A digicam case is probably just the camo pattern on a soft case.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

No idea on how used it is

Ahhh, I didn't think about the camo pattern, you're probably right.

I'm going to go by and check it out tomorrow.
    Concealed means hidden from ordinary observation so as to prevent disclosure or recognition. A deadly weapon is concealed when it is carried on or about the person in such a manner that another person in the ordinary course of events would not be placed on notice that the weapon was being carried.

If this is a store you've bought from before, you may have a little room to negotiate (unless it's on consignment). I know the LGS's I go to always give me a little bit of a break to keep me coming back.

DIGICAM = Digital Camouflage
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member
    The extras included with the rifle certainly make it a decent deal.
    I wouldn't worry too much about how many rounds have been run through it... I stopped counting somewhere after 30,000 rounds with my 15-22 and it runs flawlessy*

* note: I run only CCI, Federal or Gemtech SS ammo through mine... no Remington!
    RookWV likes this.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Depends on mag availability in your neck of the woods. Mine came new for $500 with just a single 10-round mag and no case (just the original cardboard box), just as a point of reference. I paid another $80 for a pair of extra mags from Plinker Tactical, just because they are impossible to find anywhere locally. I forget what the padded carry case cost. Not much, but all together...

Doesn't sound like a terrible deal.

Quote Originally Posted by whoppo View Post
    The extras included with the rifle certainly make it a decent deal.
    I wouldn't worry too much about how many rounds have been run through it... I stopped counting somewhere after 30,000 rounds with my 15-22 and it runs flawlessy*

* note: I run only CCI, Federal or Gemtech SS ammo through mine... no Remington!
    Ouch, just noticed the no Remington comment. Can you elaborate? I pick up any bricks that come available, regardless of brand (beggars can't be choosers here). I wasn't aware that I might be shelling out for garbage.

Links