Assault weapon lies

This is a discussion on Assault weapon lies within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; READY THE NEWS ON MSN THIS MORNING AND READ A COUPLE OF ARTICLES ABOUT HOW THE ASSAULT WEAPON BAN PANEL IS SET TO OK IT. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Assault weapon lies

Assault weapon lies

READY THE NEWS ON MSN THIS MORNING AND READ A COUPLE OF ARTICLES ABOUT HOW THE ASSAULT WEAPON BAN PANEL IS SET TO OK IT. Senate committee ready to OK assault weapons ban AS READING THROUGH IT I NOTICED IT SAID IN THERE THAT THE WEAPON THAT KILLED THE STUDENTS WAS AN ASSAULT RIFLE. "a shooter with an assault rifle killed 20 first-graders" NOW IF I RECALL THE WEAPONS THAT WERE USED WERE PISTOLS AND THEY FOUND THE RIFLE IN HIS CAR(CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG THAT IS WHAT I READ AWHILE AGO) NOW IN ANOTHER ARTICLE TIED TO THIS ONE THE FATHER OF ONE OF THE STUDENTS SAID THAT AND ASSAULT RIFLE KILLED HIS SON Father of Newtown victim: Ban assault weapons I AM JUST SICK OF THESE LIES AND WONDERED OTHER PEOPLES OPINIONS ON THE MATTER OF THE MEDIA CHANGING WHAT REALLY HAPPENED....

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Sir, MSN is just releasing the information that is passed to them from the office of the pathological liar thru Press Secretary Carney who has proven to be very happy to willfully mislead the nation. What is very sad is the fact that our president will stoop to known out an out lies to promote his agenda and will continue to do so until he is called to task by the news outlets, which is doubtful.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

I think your shift key is stuck
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Quote Originally Posted by MATTHIES View Post
    READY THE NEWS ON MSN THIS MORNING AND READ A COUPLE OF ARTICLES ABOUT HOW THE ASSAULT WEAPON BAN PANEL IS SET TO OK IT. Senate committee ready to OK assault weapons ban AS READING THROUGH IT I NOTICED IT SAID IN THERE THAT THE WEAPON THAT KILLED THE STUDENTS WAS AN ASSAULT RIFLE. "a shooter with an assault rifle killed 20 first-graders" NOW IF I RECALL THE WEAPONS THAT WERE USED WERE PISTOLS AND THEY FOUND THE RIFLE IN HIS CAR(CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG THAT IS WHAT I READ AWHILE AGO) NOW IN ANOTHER ARTICLE TIED TO THIS ONE THE FATHER OF ONE OF THE STUDENTS SAID THAT AND ASSAULT RIFLE KILLED HIS SON Father of Newtown victim: Ban assault weapons I AM JUST SICK OF THESE LIES AND WONDERED OTHER PEOPLES OPINIONS ON THE MATTER OF THE MEDIA CHANGING WHAT REALLY HAPPENED....
    One problem with the news today is that there is just too much of it. You have all these various news organizations trying to scoop each other and get their story on the air first. Watching the continuing churn of reporters and announcers at CNN, Fox, and MSNBC gives you some idea of how competitive it is. In the heat of the moment, things get wrongly reported. Now that the dust has settled, the general consensus is that a .223 Bushmaster rifle was the primary weapon used at the school.

Thanks to the internet, the original stories never die, they just keep getting rehashed.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I think your shift key is stuck
    Who's shift key?
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

No my caps lock is stuck on its a work computer

So, they weren't lies after all.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by MATTHIES View Post
    NOW IF I RECALL THE WEAPONS THAT WERE USED WERE PISTOLS AND THEY FOUND THE RIFLE IN HIS CAR(CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG THAT IS WHAT I READ AWHILE AGO)
    Your are mistaken

The shooter used the Bushmaster .223 to murder 20 children and six adults inside the school; he used a handgun to take his own life inside the school. No other weapons were used in this crime. This case remains under investigation.

Lt. J. Paul Vance

despp: ** UPDATE ** State Police Identify Weapons in Sandy Hook Investigation
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Assault weapon lies

Thank you for the clarification I wasn't for sure thought somebody on this forum could give me some better information than what the news says

MATTHIES, I think a couple of main points that should be addressed rather than what object was used in the horrible crime is 1. They can't ban mental illness and 2. They can't ban stupidity on the parent's part in this case for letting have access to weapons meant for people who fire on all cylinders. The object is the easiest thing to go after and so to the ignorant in our society, all chips are placed on Mother Hen government to protect those who don't know how to fend for themselves or think for themselves and their freedoms. It's just the easy way out. Which by the way results in a false sense of security to those who chose to believe the lie. We all know that news outlets lie through their teeth but just don't let the frivolous stand in the way of the true fight.
    crossfireltd and MATTHIES like this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Distinguished Member
    You actually expect MSLSD (Mark Levin's term, I can't take credit) to provide you with facts? They will sprinkle in a little truth just to keep the propaganda somewhat believable to the sheep, but you should expect 90%+ propaganda at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    Your are mistaken

The shooter used the Bushmaster .223 to murder 20 children and six adults inside the school; he used a handgun to take his own life inside the school. No other weapons were used in this crime. This case remains under investigation.

Lt. J. Paul Vance

I was home the day that happen I remember the original reports saying that they found an AR15 in his trunk, After he was dead. So there is somekind of misreporting going on. I heard that with my own two ears.

Your are mistaken

Lt. J. Paul Vance

Wasn't there video of them finding the AR in the trunk of the car?

EDIT: It must've been misreported, because that is WAY too big to be a .223 round that comes out of the gun.

VIDEO: Police Find Long Gun In Trunk Of Car In Sandy Hook Parking Lot: Newtown Connecticut School Shooting - YouTube
    -Nick-

Mine: Springfield XD45 Compact
    Hers: Springfield XD40 Subcompact

Senior Moderator
    There was a video of them finding a shotgun in his trunk and a video of an officer taking an AR out of the trunk of his police car.

And yes they did say that he used handguns and an AR was in his trunk, they also said that his brother was the one that did the shooting and killed himself and that his mother taught and was killed at the school.

There was a lot of miss reporting happening that day and the days to follow.

I for one do not believe that it was some grand conspiracy to accomplish something to destroy America....America is doing fine destroying itself through incompetence and mismanagement without the need of any conspirators.

I believe the official police report
    inneyeseakay likes this.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

There was a video of them finding a shotgun in his trunk and a video of an officer taking an AR out of the trunk of his police car.

And yes they did say that he used handguns and an AR was in his trunk, they also said that his brother was the one that did the shooting and killed himself and that his mother taught and was killed at the school.

There was a lot of miss reporting happening that day and the days to follow.

I for one do not believe that it was some grand conspiracy to accomplish something to destroy America....America is doing fine destroying itself through incompetence and mismanagement without the need of any conspirators.

I believe the official police report
    Agreed... I haven't really followed all that much of it since the few days immediately following.... and we all know how "accurate" the "news" is... haha
    -Nick-

Mine: Springfield XD45 Compact
    Hers: Springfield XD40 Subcompact

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links