I want to go to the Range ! Rant !

This is a discussion on I want to go to the Range ! Rant ! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I really really strongly dislike ammo shortages. I want to go to the range but I dont want to drive all over town to find ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: I want to go to the Range ! Rant !

I really really strongly dislike ammo shortages. I want to go to the range but I dont want to drive all over town to find a box of 9mm for 35 dollars that lasts 5 minutes. If I go right now everytime I pull the trigger all I hear is cha ching $$, cha ching $$. I need a new hobby. Just had to get that off my chest. All the times I walked passed the UMC 250 value packs of ammo I swear I could kick myself in the face.
    rugergunner likes this.

$35 dollars a box?!?! They are ripping people off and trying to make a killing! We can get 9mm for no more than $18.99 a box and thats because they're 147 grain.

I quit looking. Maybe 6 months from now will be better. I'm pretty much down to defensive ammo, and I cant use that up.

I use my 22 LR for same reason but its very difficult to get ammo of any kind at a decent price right now. I did buy a 525 box of CCI this week, was $44.99 but I figure at least I'm shooting for 9 cents vs 50 cents a trigger pull and it does satisfy the itch pretty good. We had a ball with our 22's yesterday.
    Get a pellet gun and set up a range in the back yard if you have room to do it safely. Did that for my son and he has really improved.

"MOLON LABE"
    "come and take them"
    King Leonidas of Sparta

Quote Originally Posted by Sap03 View Post
    I really really strongly dislike ammo shortages. I want to go to the range but I dont want to drive all over town to find a box of 9mm for 35 dollars that lasts 5 minutes. If I go right now everytime I pull the trigger all I hear is cha ching $$, cha ching $$. I need a new hobby. Just had to get that off my chest. All the times I walked passed the UMC 250 value packs of ammo I swear I could kick myself in the face.
    I hear you. I used to buy two boxes of wwb 100 rnd/9m for $25 at wally. Go to range, shoot it up. Repeat the cycle every 2-3 weeks Now ammo is very hard to find. So I don't shoot too often anymore. :-(

Enough of our fellow shooters are either hoarding for the coming apocalypse or at least now keeping five thousand rounds on hand now that the supply chain is screwed up. And from some of the posts I see here they are proud of it. Was in our local Gander Mountain yesterday. They had lots of 45acp and 40s&w and a decent supply of 9mm personal defense ammo. No 22 lr or 9mm ball. I commented to an employee about hoarding and the current craziness. He said they restock their shelves every thursday and every thursday morning it is the same guys waiting at the door. They come in and buy it all. And Gander Mountain isn't the cheapest place to buy ammo so go figure.

I personally think we are seeing a "bubble" which will burst or at least end. Wives will put their foot down on the spending, the hoarders will accumulate 100,000 rounds or some large amount, and all of the craziness in Washington will calm - then things will go back to normal.

If you are patient and persistent you can find some ammo at reasonable prices. The craziness WILL end.

VIP Member
    A different hobby for now. IF enough folks don't shoot the shortage will self-correct.

Its not just the cost of ammo, the most annoying thing is running around town to look for it.

I've a small (by the standards of some on this board) cache of shtf ammo stashed away and I have no
    intention of burning it at current replacement costs plus difficulties getting it.

At least one retailer won't see another ammo purchase from me because of their attitude.

When this shortage started years ago I thought it was due to the war needs. Now, it is clearly
    a replay of the oil-industry gotchya scheme of marketing. Let them choke on their supply futures.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

I just took my kids out to fire the 12 ga. Target loads are still cheap as dirt, crap went bang, holes were made, fresh air was breathed :D

Same here have about 150 Rnds defensive ammo (100 Winchester White box) and about 50rnds of Russian Tulammo) Freedom Munitions received a big shipment of 9mm (They are nationwide but their Houston store has a good but not endless supply...I dont know if they take online orders. it might be just for walkins... and I am not sure.. I am trying to find out if they have any 40S&W (They manufacture their own brand)

Here's my view of the shortage: The DHS purchases enough AMMO to shoot every American 6x over, they continually stockpile various calibers to maintain a 20 year war with whomever........ and you wonder why some law abiding people are PARANOID???? Democrats, who have in the past denied any military action on US SOIL, are outfitting civilian PD's with some very serious armored vehicles and real ASSUALT RIFLES. And yet they claim for LAW ABIDING citizens these "Weapons Of War Do Not Belong On American Streets" (refering to the civilian AR15's and AK's). Our only salvation is a change in WASHINGTON, D.C. I don't think I am PARANOID, I just don't drink the KOOL AID that the Government is our friend, and this cannot happen here mentality.

Since I have a small stockpile of ammo, I'm not even looking at ammo right now. I figure if I pace myself and fill in the gaps with more dry fire practice, I'm good for about another year.
    NRA MEMBER
    EDC: Beretta Nano

LGS wants $30 for 50 round box of range ammo. One LGS wanted $30 for 100 round box of CCI Stingers 22lr...
    Tony

Senior Member Array rugergunner's Avatar
    I know what you mean, but if you look hard enough - as in driving around and looking - you can find some cheaper than that. I have three gun stores that I pass by on my way to work, so I guess I'm lucky, but last week I was able to get another 50 rounds of 9mm at one of them for 24$. It was the Hornady 125 grain HAP steel cased. Pricey yes, but even since the Sandy Hook shooting, I have been able to squirrel away a few hundred rounds or so.
    I would rather die on my feet, than to live on my knees.

I just paid $50 freaking dollars for a 100rd pack of WWB 9mm. Do I feel guilty yes, Do I feel stupid yes, After this box is gone Im not buying 1 more round at inflated prices. I just need an hour to try out my new guns

I went today & fired my new Vaquero. I reload & have enough supplies to load enough to keep me satisfied. I have cut my trips back to once or twice a month instead of almost weekly. BTW the new gun is dead on the money.
    We have different gifts,according to the grace given to each of us.

I've been trying to find some ammo to go to the range with my new .22 rifle the lgs had a 500rd brick for 79.95 I walked away... though his 9mm was in the 36.00 range too for tul ( same ammo i got at walmart for 11.00)
    needless to say I have stopped looking there for ammo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links