Gun Shows and Shopping List

This is a discussion on Gun Shows and Shopping List within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Who's going to a gun show this weekend in their neck of the woods? If you are going, what's on your shopping/wish list? I'm going ...

Thread: Gun Shows and Shopping List

VIP Member

Gun Shows and Shopping List

Who's going to a gun show this weekend in their neck of the woods? If you are going, what's on your shopping/wish list? I'm going with some buddies and my dad. I'm in the market for a HD shotgun. I've got my eye on Benelli, but could be swayed with the Remington or Mossberg if the price is right. I'm also looking for some more HD ammo. I'll be curious what they have in 9mm. Even if I don't buy, good times will be had by all as we wander the show and solve the 2A and other world problems.
    S&W M&P Full Size 9mm - Little FoxX IWB
    S&W Shield 9mm - FoxX Trapp
    Ruger 10/22 Takedown
    NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member
    Don't let the high post count fool you...I'm just part of the welcoming committee.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Heading to New Bern for this weekends show. I need reloading supplies but this show seldom has any but I have picked up good deals on firearms there.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

There is one locally this weekend, but I won't be going. Last month there was an ND and heard from friends there were all kinds of knuckleheads roaming the aisles. I was a newbee once and am still no expert, but would just rather avoid those crowds right now. Prices I suspect are still high, so will wait out the panic buying and hope for things to simmer down in the future.

Last two gun shows,i went to,i think half of the east coast was there,and a lot of the prices were sky high.A friend of mine,started to buy some ar mags.One had them for 50.00 a piece,one had them for 60.00.There is a lgs near me sells them all day long for 20.00.They have got way to crowded for me.

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    There's one in Houston this weekend, but we'll be going to the Livestock Show and Rodeo to see Luke Bryan. Plus I'm still not comfortable going to gun shows with the way pricing is right now. I'll continue to let things settle down and for all the 'crazies' to spend all their money on overpriced items, and when they run out of money things should improve.

I went to one a few weeks ago and agree you have to know your pricing for what you are looking for to find the deals there. while not attending a show this weekend (there are multiple shows in my area every weekend) I am planning attending one next weekend I'm still looking for a smaller carry weapon other than my Taurus 24/7.

VIP Member
    Alright, friends. Just got back from what might have been the worst gun show ever. It was terrible. I was really a glorified yard sale. Most tables only had a smattering of items. There were only a couple of vendors there that had quality selection...one had handguns...the other had rifles. It was a waste of $6 hard earned dollars. So goes life...you win some/you lose some.
    S&W M&P Full Size 9mm - Little FoxX IWB
    S&W Shield 9mm - FoxX Trapp
    Ruger 10/22 Takedown
    NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member
    Don't let the high post count fool you...I'm just part of the welcoming committee.

Of late I would be looking to acquire First Aid supplies or books. Always fun to network w/folks of a like mind as well. I have the Bumper Sticker Habit and would study these for new acquisitions. I'm always on the make for storage foods and MRE's.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

lol in the last 6 months I've bought 8 guns. The gf is going to kill me lol............ with that said I've taken to war era rifles recently. Wouldn't mind another mosin provided I'm not the one that has to clean the cosmo whatever it is off. The one I last bought needed to be cleaned but it wasn't caked on or anything. I may be on the look for a HD shotgun (even a cheapo moss 500) if the price is particularly low. I'm looking for some more Russian ammo mags WW2. I only got one that can hold 6 striper clips and I have 11 so I need another one. I'd like another mag for my savage 10 f-something. Generally I'm always in the market for mags for my guns. Ammo of course (have found plenty of everything, but can't find a single round of .357). I'm always on the lookout for knives. And a marline 336, but all in all I'm moving soon so my spending money is rather tied up, and I need to get a gun safe now that all these locked up rifle cases and what not are taking up so much room lol. yeah yeah I know someone is going to complain about that. But as someone who rents apts, I can tell you that nobody wants you bolting a 1,500 lb safe to the floor in the closet (talk about the battle it took just to get the guy to let me drill a few holes for the a/c in the window). so I got the plastic lock holes locked up and I even run a chain around a few times and through the handles. sure it isn't keeping anyone out of they have the tools and time. but it will sure annoy the S out of them lol. Not to mention someone is always home and with a gun so good luck trying to get in in the first place :).

Anyway that's my list.

Going to one next weekend. Selling not buying, with the exception that any .303 I find I will likely buy.

Increased expenses and lower income means gun sell-off. Thanks for making things better for the little guy, Mr. Obama...

VIP Member
    The guns show around here are a joke lately. (SE WI ). Price gauging and hoarders. Its a good place to stay away from.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

No gun shows for me thats where all the price gougers are. Ill get it at my lgs when it comes in stock. Ive got enough supplys on hand to do me a while. Stay safe and feed those gougers.

Links