Kimber ultra carry 11 or a hk45c for CCW

This is a discussion on Kimber ultra carry 11 or a hk45c for CCW within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hey all just curious about these 2 firearms since I,ve had no luck finding a shield or glock 27.thinking about buying a higher end pistol ...

Thread: Kimber ultra carry 11 or a hk45c for CCW

Kimber ultra carry 11 or a hk45c for CCW

Hey all just curious about these 2 firearms since I,ve had no luck finding a shield or glock 27.thinking about buying a higher end pistol because of there availability.

2. Remove Ads

I don't have a Kimber, but I have several 1911's. I love them, but I carry an HK45. IMHO the HK45 is the best combat pistol ever developed, at least for my hands. Everything works like a 1911, but it's just a smoother gun.

I have the full size. It is a very soft shooter, accurate and pumps 10+1 vs 7+1. For concealed carry I carry the Taurus PT145, it's about the smallest 11 round .45 I've found. I can conceal it under nearly anything.

If the world ends, I will be grabbing my SS 1911's though, because as good as the HK is, a 1911 will last a lifetime. (And magazines aren't $50 each.)

I carry a Tactical Ultra II on a regular basis. Anytime I am going to carry on my hip, my carry gun is the Ultra II. It has also become my primary summer gun to carry. I have had real good luck with my Kimber and I am addicted to the 1911 platform.

Quote Originally Posted by gunslingergirl View Post
    I don't have a Kimber, but I have several 1911's. I love them, but I carry an HK45. IMHO the HK45 is the best combat pistol ever developed, at least for my hands. Everything works like a 1911, but it's just a smoother gun.

I have the full size. It is a very soft shooter, accurate and pumps 10+1 vs 7+1. For concealed carry I carry the Taurus PT145, it's about the smallest 11 round .45 I've found. I can conceal it under nearly anything.

If the world ends, I will be grabbing my SS 1911's though, because as good as the HK is, a 1911 will last a lifetime. (And magazines aren't $60 + shipping each.)
    Fixed it for you. Lol.

Never owned a 1911, I brought into the World Wide Web of hate of 1911's and have regretted it ever since. I owned several HK45c's and will take a HK45c into a fight 8 days a week if I had the choice... and the money.

How did you go from small pistols such as of the M&P Shield and Glock 27 to large pistols such as the HK45c and 1911? I will never talk anyone out of a HK45c but there is a noticeable difference between carrying a HK45c or 1911 of similar size and carrying a Glock subcompact, Shield, XDS etc...

I have a Kimber and I love it. It is my main carry gun.

Links