Have you been unfriended lately?

This is a discussion on Have you been unfriended lately? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was wondering after thumbing through Facebook friends and noticing 3 friends have unfriended me recently after getting into what I considered a friendly debate ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Have you been unfriended lately?

I was wondering after thumbing through Facebook friends and noticing 3 friends have unfriended me recently after getting into what I considered a friendly debate on Gun Control issues apparently were not so friendly. After somewhat chuckling out loud to myself at the shallowness of some people, it got me thinking. How many people have unfriended you or just stopped talking to you in person in your life due solely to your views on gun control or just your views on guns and the 2nd Amendment in general ? Most of my "friends" knew I was a "GUN" guy but I really didn't discuss it until the parting of the waters. I now make my voice heard and apparently some do not appreciate it. To those I say don't let the door hit you on the way out.
    vilecanards likes this.

2. Remove Ads

I dont know of any who have unfriended me but I know i have recieved several likes on my ProGun posts. I hate to admit it but I am a liberal democrat and haven't had any people unfriend me for that either.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Do you really care? Really?
    kukla, NONAME762, jem102 and 1 others like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

For me,none.If i know a friend doesn't care for firearms,i don't discuss it.If they don't like firearms,so be it.

I actually care in the sense that these are people who called themselves friends until certain views were made public and they are allowed a vote. These are the closed minded people trying to take away our rights as US citizens. So yes, I care. I don't openly discuss the topic with people I know don't care for the topic. I post news clippings and Proactive videos on my page and they come and watch or read and post their comments and views. If they don't like it, don't post, it's that easy.

While I truly value good friends and their friendship. Some cat that would unfriend me over a hobby or my thoughts on guns or gun control, never was any kind of real friend anyway. The friendship was based on a facade and not true friendship, so nothing lost and nothing gained. Good riddance I say..
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member
    Yes I have been unfriended. No, it does not REALLY matter to me - I am not losing any sleep; although I do find it sad that people I considered old friends would walk away from a reasonable disagreement - I am not belligerent in posting my opinions.

I haven't .That said,there is probably a better chance i will grow wings and fly,before i debate or argue,about anything on a computer.I don't really have any friends that are anti-gun.If they are,i don't talk about it.

I think its ridiculous. I've even had family members unfriend me for my thoughts on hunting and animals. Quite ridiculous.
    Glock 20sf, Glock 19 gen4, Glock 26 gen3, Colt 1911 Series 80

I've never had any friends. Poor social skills I guess.

VIP Member
    "Name's Smalls. Leonard Smalls. My friends call me Lenny... only I ain't got no friends."
    CIBMike and ruger91 like this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

VIP Member
    I can count the number of friends that I have on one hand, without using all of my fingers.

I can count on them too.
    NONAME762 and noway2 like this.

Meh, who cares.. If they can't exist with others who do not agree with their own ideals, then I say thank you for un-friending me. Saves me a few clicks of the mouse. That's the problem now days - people can't get it through their thick skulls that not everyone shares the same opinions and they take offense to your disagreement. It's immature and unproductive.. I love a good debate, sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. That's life..
    icemanls2 likes this.
    ἐν τούτῳ νίκα - In hoc signo vinces

Confidence- thrives on honesty, on honor, on the sacredness of obligations, on faithful protection and on unselfish performance. Without them it cannot live.-FDR

I don't really keep up with who does but I just checked my "friends" and noted some have disappeared. I'm guessing it is more likely due to my Christian faith and the posts that flow from my faith. Just can't keep silent.
    bigbadsmiles and locotest like this.

My social networking on the interwebs is limited, so no.
    The easy way is always mined.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links