Looking into an M16 style build, need brands

This is a discussion on Looking into an M16 style build, need brands within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So I picked up an AR back in June and I ended up getting a 16" rifle just because that is what everyone sells. I'm ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By s9601694

Thread: Looking into an M16 style build, need brands

Looking into an M16 style build, need brands

So I picked up an AR back in June and I ended up getting a 16" rifle just because that is what everyone sells. I'm really hoping that this panic blows over by June or July, so when/if that happens, I'd really like to buy a 20" one and get it built like an M16A2 or an A4, only without the fun switch.

I know BCM, Armalite, and Del-Ton both make a 20" AR, and PSA makes uppers and kits. Does anyone else know what other mid-upper/upper tier manufacturers make a plain jane A2/A4 rifle anymore?
    Last edited by tubadude; March 21st, 2013 at 12:35 AM.

2. Remove Ads

I know Daniel Defense makes uppers with 18" barrels, and they rock!
    AR15VSCoyote likes this.

I agree above... Daniel Defense uppers are fantastic...

Daniel Defense is great, but they don't make anything in the 20" department, or the plain jane department.

Armalite offers lots of plain jane A2/A4 models with 20" barrels. You can go through them all Here.

Maybe something like this?

M-15 A2 RIFLE - The Service Model

I can't offer any personal experience about Armalite's quality, but I haven't heard anything bad about them. I'm sure someone else could chime in.
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

I have a post-ban (1994) style bushmaster A2 with-out the fun switch obviously. It has a 20" H-Bar ( Heavy Barrel). It is 1/9 twist and does not have the threaded type flash hider nor the bayonet lug. All of which can now be had. I have done some upgrades to it but like the old look. I bought this rifle when it wasnt cool to own an AR type rifle right before the ban ended. Accuracy is good off hand for .223. I zeroed it at 50yrd and can hold a 1.5" group with factory ammo on a good day (when it is available). Here is a pic for your reference
    IMG_0457.jpg

Sometimes you can actually find surplus FN M16A2 uppers on places like gunbroker. That's the route I took, and I have it mated with an Armalite lower and a Colt M16 BCG in it. Quite happy.

Links