Lawyers

This is a discussion on Lawyers within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Don't know if this is the right forum but a while ago a member posted this site in another thread Second Call Defense | Complete ...

Thread: Lawyers

Lawyers

Don't know if this is the right forum but a while ago a member posted this site in another thread Second Call Defense | Complete Legal Protection for Armed Self Defense . Upon searching the net I found there were others.

Second Defense Alliance

Welcome to Second Defense. If you have to defend yourself, we'll defend you.

Is this becoming more popular? Does anyone pay for this service?

What if one does not want this service? I am young and have never had need of a lawyer, how does it work? Do you just call one up when the time comes that you had to defend yourself? Do you already have to be a client?

2. Remove Ads

Nothing???

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Lawyers are like pennacilyn shots--no one wants either until they need one.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

It's good to have a connection to an attorney if you feel that there is potentially a need (ie., carrying for protection that could result in use). In the type of world we live in, there are always 'entitled' people looking for free $$ and a good honest attorney can save your butt. IMO, doing some research and having a selected attorney to contact would be wise and give you peace of mind in the event you have to defend yourself. You would want to say nothing to officers until you spoke with an attorney just as a precaution. I'm fortunate as my daughter is an attorney (one of the good ones that wouldn't take a case for the bad guys).

Quote Originally Posted by OutlawSister1 View Post
    It's good to have a connection to an attorney if you feel that there is potentially a need (ie., carrying for protection that could result in use). In the type of world we live in, there are always 'entitled' people looking for free $$ and a good honest attorney can save your butt. IMO, doing some research and having a selected attorney to contact would be wise and give you peace of mind in the event you have to defend yourself. You would want to say nothing to officers until you spoke with an attorney just as a precaution. I'm fortunate as my daughter is an attorney (one of the good ones that wouldn't take a case for the bad guys).
    So I take it you think the service isn't worth it? Just have a lawyer in mind and call in case of emergency of does there usually have to be preexisting relation as a client?

I wouldn't use it. While I think an attorney/client established relationship is good, at least having a specific attorneys number to call immediately, if needed, would be the minimum. I think most attorneys will provide a free consult to make a connection. It's important to have a good rapport with any attorney you may use. I'm speaking from having a number of attorneys for various things both personal and business related. To me, it's a very personal relationship. I wouldn't feel I was being properly represented by a catch all service. Just my personal preference though.

as for me in a real SD I'd call some one who cares
    When in jail your aloud one call,most attorney's have after hour's answer service

A**hats

This is the word association thread isn't it?

"MOLON LABE"
    "come and take them"
    King Leonidas of Sparta

VIP Member
    Weasels
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Quote Originally Posted by latentcarry View Post
    A**hats

This is the word association thread isn't it?

Sorry was not intending to hijack thread, please don't continue on with word association

"MOLON LABE"
    "come and take them"
    King Leonidas of Sparta

I know of Jon Gutmacher the attorney in Orlando but does anyone know of reputable lawyers who specialize in 2nd ammend and deffensive shooting cases in Miami dade?

Quote Originally Posted by latentcarry View Post
    Sorry was not intending to hijack thread, please don't continue on with word association
    Actually... gave me an unexpected laugh. We can continue the word association thread also. lol

Well, when you get in a jam from shooting Zombies, you're going WISH you had a good a**hat! LOL
    Last edited by OutlawSister1; March 27th, 2013 at 10:20 AM.

Links